NUS have changed their card eligibility - some "cheap" courses may no longer be eligible

Found 3rd Apr
I signed up for a course a fair few years ago with WriteStoryBooksForChildren.com. I've been able to obtain an NUS card until just now. I emailed them to ask where the SYD number is (which NUS require when renewing the card) and their response is as follows:
"Your student number functions as numbers only, but SYD was required for students purchasing an NUS card. As NUS have recently updated their eligibility criteria meaning that students are no longer able to register for NUS cards, we no longer need the SYD prefix."

With that in mind, does anyone know of online courses which NUS haven't blocked so I may continue to obtain the card?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
Likely dunmatter who you select from the dropdown list of course provider as nothing is checked by NUSx. I guess the Open University is probably the most common acceptable (non)provider for NUSx card applications - applicants simply google the format of OU student number (PI) and make it all up. Consider the NUSx card scheme is run by a conmercial company - it just wants your subs and doesn't verify student status. Been stated many times before that even my cat has an NUSx card hotukdeals.com/com…549
Good! #RIP_Fake_HUKD_Students
I just renewed for three years using Ecareers after a one year card expired.

I just tried a new application with a different email and it worked . I obviously didn't go all the way

33571494-i4cC0.jpg33571494-TLDnk.jpg
Edited by: "nougat" 3rd Apr
Original Poster
I was able to submit by just prefixing my "updated" student number with the SYD bit. Apparently it worked, or they have my money until they cancel it.

ISIC is only free for a year so I only renewed for one year. I thought about getting three years, but no point for the £4 saving when ISIC won't exist for two of those three years as well.
nougat1 h, 41 m ago

Why did I open it?[Image]

Who are you? At least follow through with your intentions of ignoring my comments.. Weak. Weak
Original Poster
nougat1 h, 42 m ago

Why did I open it?[Image]

Oh you can ignore people?? Please teach me how I can ignore this fool.
dkl_uk10 h, 32 m ago

just click on the person and then click on overview and at the bottom left is a button to mute a member.
33572018-CKhws.jpg
You are the second person to ask me this question about how to block @Gollywood maybe I should start up a thread

This is my list
33572018-0WRLB.jpg@sam_of_london is pretty close to being added but her Spam comments have receded recently and her comments are more constructive.
Edited by: "nougat" 4th Apr
nougat6 h, 44 m ago

just click on the person and then click on overview and at the bottom left …just click on the person and then click on overview and at the bottom left is a button to mute a member.[Image] You are the second person to ask me this question about how to block @Gollywood maybe I should start up a threadThis is my list of undesirables[Image] @sam_of_london is pretty close to being added but her Spam comments have receded recently and her comments are more constructive.

Lol
dkl_uk11 h, 32 m ago

Like this Nougat person, you'll still check what people you put on ignore are saying
Gollywood3rd Apr

Good! #RIP_Fake_HUKD_Students

I honestly don't remember the last decent NUS deal
I've only used my NUS for a Amazon Student account, I've never used it in store
Original Poster
I use it for cheaper Amazon, cheaper Spotify, it knocked £15/month off my Total Fitness contract, it saves me however much money at the cinema for ticket prices, and I can take it out shopping because most of the women's shops accept the discount so it keeps the Mrs happy as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants