Nvidia driver which works with HDR

Found 4th Jul
Running the latest version of WIndows 10 (I think) and got an nvidia 1030, When I toggle HDR and WCG the screen goes blank and then switches back. Supposedly this is a well known issue. Anyone running Nvidia drivers which work with HDR? Thanks
in advance.
Community Updates
7 Comments
I have a 980ti and used hdr I set it up through windows but it wasn’t that good right click on desktop and go to screen settings, I tried through actual game settings and it works but makes game darker, i have hdr on tv and through Xbox 1 x and it works better imo.

When your screen crashes it means the gpu isn’t good enough to handle the resolution setting try lowering them see if u get same issue.
Bargainhead2 h, 39 m ago

I have a 980ti and used hdr I set it up through windows but it wasn’t that …I have a 980ti and used hdr I set it up through windows but it wasn’t that good right click on desktop and go to screen settings, I tried through actual game settings and it works but makes game darker, i have hdr on tv and through Xbox 1 x and it works better imo. When your screen crashes it means the gpu isn’t good enough to handle the resolution setting try lowering them see if u get same issue.

I believe the 1030 is actually a better card than the 980ti with regards to 4k and hdr, 1030 can certainly do 4k and hdr, but as I've said only certain drivers work. Just wondering if anyone had a 1030 and has it working with Windows 10.
MIDURIX2 h, 5 m ago

I believe the 1030 is actually a better card than the 980ti with regards …I believe the 1030 is actually a better card than the 980ti with regards to 4k and hdr, 1030 can certainly do 4k and hdr, but as I've said only certain drivers work. Just wondering if anyone had a 1030 and has it working with Windows 10.

Have you enabled hdr on the tv, it varies between makes and on Samsung’s if u name it pc it stops the hdr on some models. Hope that helps.

also 980ti is equivalent to a 1070...
Have you checked the EDID of the display to make sure it is being passed properly.
kester766th Jul

Have you checked the EDID of the display to make sure it is being passed …Have you checked the EDID of the display to make sure it is being passed properly.

Found out it was my brand new Denon X2400H Amplifier. It I connect Pc straight to TV hdr stays on and videos are certainly in hdr. Have tried all the different cables with same results, so it's not an old normal speed hdmi cable I have. Will have to research.
MIDURIX2 h, 52 m ago

Found out it was my brand new Denon X2400H Amplifier. It I connect Pc …Found out it was my brand new Denon X2400H Amplifier. It I connect Pc straight to TV hdr stays on and videos are certainly in hdr. Have tried all the different cables with same results, so it's not an old normal speed hdmi cable I have. Will have to research.

Your Amp will probably be altering your TV profile. Best option is to capture your EDID directly from the TV and then the AMP. You can then splice the two together to make a custom EDID override for your TV/AMP setup. It's just and monitor.inf that you install that gives the specs of the amp and tv without them trying to screw each others specs up.
forum.kodi.tv/sho…833

I had a similar issue with my TV wiping out my amps audio profile. I was only getting LPCM stereo from the TV profile and not the AMP DTS/DD5.1/DTS HD/dolby True Audio audio profile.

Hope this helps.
kester769 h, 47 m ago

Your Amp will probably be altering your TV profile. Best option is to …Your Amp will probably be altering your TV profile. Best option is to capture your EDID directly from the TV and then the AMP. You can then splice the two together to make a custom EDID override for your TV/AMP setup. It's just and monitor.inf that you install that gives the specs of the amp and tv without them trying to screw each others specs up.https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=251833I had a similar issue with my TV wiping out my amps audio profile. I was only getting LPCM stereo from the TV profile and not the AMP DTS/DD5.1/DTS HD/dolby True Audio audio profile. Hope this helps.

Will have a look into it thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions