Nvidia shield buggy

Posted 21st Nov
Hello so something weried happened and can't find it happening before, so has it happened to anyone with android TV.

But was watching on BBC iplayer then suddenly it goes straight to menu and I am like ohh someone knocked controller, but I couldn't find the BBC app and had to go into Google play store, and found it and had to enable it, like for some reason it disabled it.

It's 2015 model.

I am. Thinking about 4k apple player but I like how you can side load apps on android.

I don't use plex or the gaming mode.

I got shield as I liked how it had all the audio codecs
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
1st Gen owner also and never had the issue you just described myself.
I mean it's possible that it did an app update for iPlayer while you were using it and reset it, but unsure about it having been disabled.
AbandonedTrolley22/11/2019 08:19

I mean it's possible that it did an app update for iPlayer while you were …I mean it's possible that it did an app update for iPlayer while you were using it and reset it, but unsure about it having been disabled.

Yea that's wha I thought, just don't no why it disabled it self
I've been having the same problem with iPlayer and ITV Hub on my Nvidia Shield. Mine is about a year old so Gen2 I believe (bought in Black Friday sale last year). Haven't got to the bottom of it yet. I had assumed it was something to do with me starting to use a VPN for netflix as it first happened the same day I installed the VPN app (I do remember to disconnect from the VPN when using terrestrial catch-up apps). I have plex installed but hardly ever use it. Same with the games. I'll try a few things over the weekend and check back in.
Bigwan206222/11/2019 11:30

I've been having the same problem with iPlayer and ITV Hub on my Nvidia …I've been having the same problem with iPlayer and ITV Hub on my Nvidia Shield. Mine is about a year old so Gen2 I believe (bought in Black Friday sale last year). Haven't got to the bottom of it yet. I had assumed it was something to do with me starting to use a VPN for netflix as it first happened the same day I installed the VPN app (I do remember to disconnect from the VPN when using terrestrial catch-up apps). I have plex installed but hardly ever use it. Same with the games. I'll try a few things over the weekend and check back in.

I had to reset mine, as it keept lopping, I thought maybe an side loaded app did it
Been having same problem with mine. ITV hub keeps disabling and disappears from the Apps menu. I’m resetting now to see what happens
davetothemac27/11/2019 19:27

Been having same problem with mine. ITV hub keeps disabling and disappears …Been having same problem with mine. ITV hub keeps disabling and disappears from the Apps menu. I’m resetting now to see what happens

I think the hardware is Great but software is soo poor compared to fire os
davetothemac27/11/2019 19:27

Been having same problem with mine. ITV hub keeps disabling and disappears …Been having same problem with mine. ITV hub keeps disabling and disappears from the Apps menu. I’m resetting now to see what happens

Resetting it fixed it. All works fine now
yes its a known issue. if you disable location based on wifi setting they come back
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants