Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

NVMe M.2 Internal SSD <-> USB 3.0 caddy or adapter

Posted 13th SepEdited by:"TopTrump"
Hello folks.

Can anybody recommend a USB 3.0 caddy to house an NVMe M.2 Internal SSD?
Or ones to steer clear from, or what features I should keep an eye out for?

Thinking about migrating current laptop's SSD on to a new M.2 stick, and repurposing the old one.
So will need caddy to do both tasks.

Gracias in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
@Brutes Are you able to recommend @TopTrump USB 3.0 caddy for ME SSD
There are two questions:
- is it indeed NVMe M.2 ? because the M.2 port can also support SATA drives;
- is there a market for NVMe M.2 (PCIe) to SATA adapters so someone will build such a thing ? and cheaply.
Edited by: "TobyZ" 13th Sep
TobyZ13/09/2019 21:15

There are two questions:- is it indeed NVMe M.2 ? because the M.2 port can …There are two questions:- is it indeed NVMe M.2 ? because the M.2 port can also support SATA drives;- is there a market for NVMe M.2 (PCIe) to SATA adapters so someone will build such a thing ? and cheaply.

Defo an M.2 (2280) form factor NVMe drive
(one notch on the connecting edge) caddy that I need.
this I am looking for one too and this (ebay item 273956185453) seems to one way of doing it. SATA and USB3 are similar speeds and I already have a USB3 twin SATA caddy.

This only fits M key M.2 which should be what your NVME is.

External NVME caddies seem to be around £13 to £16 and many of the reviews say that they only run at SATA speed anyway
tintin713/09/2019 22:27

this I am looking for one too and this (ebay item 273956185453) seems to …this I am looking for one too and this (ebay item 273956185453) seems to one way of doing it. SATA and USB3 are similar speeds and I already have a USB3 twin SATA caddy.This only fits M key M.2 which should be what your NVME is.External NVME caddies seem to be around £13 to £16 and many of the reviews say that they only run at SATA speed anyway

I'll take a gander.
Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants