NVvidia graphics cards pricing pattern?

Found 2nd Dec 2017
I am really gutted I missed all the deals for a GTX 1070 this black friday.

I do not really follow graphic card price patterns as I have not bought one in 5 years and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is likely to drop to those prices before the 11 series comes out?

I think the 10 series is prob the last series that will not be bottlenecked by my 3570k i5 so its my last chance to upgrade this computer.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
They're all overpriced by £80-£100. GTX 1070 ti is the best priced card in theory but is priced barely lower than a Gtx 1080. You just need to wait till bit coin mining is taken over by the larger companies and drive the miners out of business.
Original Poster
kester768 m ago

They're all overpriced by £80-£100. GTX 1070 ti is the best priced card in …They're all overpriced by £80-£100. GTX 1070 ti is the best priced card in theory but is priced barely lower than a Gtx 1080. You just need to wait till bit coin mining is taken over by the larger companies and drive the miners out of business.

Is that happening any time soon you think? I really do not know whats going on with the bit coining stuff, I will look into it.
Does the last gen series stick around for a bit when the new gen is released or do they take it off the market? The 11 series is estimated to come out Q3 2018 so I am hoping to get a 10 series around that time.
stovy47 m ago

Is that happening any time soon you think? I really do not know whats …Is that happening any time soon you think? I really do not know whats going on with the bit coining stuff, I will look into it.Does the last gen series stick around for a bit when the new gen is released or do they take it off the market? The 11 series is estimated to come out Q3 2018 so I am hoping to get a 10 series around that time.

My ref r9 290 still gets me £100 for CEX and that is a very old card. Seem anything with a half decent amount of ram is going for a high price. I'm after a gtx 1070 ti for around £330 but some guys are asking that for a gtx 1060 6gb, it's just nuts. You can just sit and wait or buy a cheap gtx 1060 which should be good enougn for most 1080p gaming as it's close to gtx 980 specs. I think I will probably buy the gtx 1060 and upgrade when the market is more reasonable.
Cex have some 1070 minis for £320. They did have 980ti for £270 but the prices went up quite a bit since I got mine
stovy1 h, 15 m ago

I think the 10 series is prob the last series that will not be …I think the 10 series is prob the last series that will not be bottlenecked by my 3570k i5 so its my last chance to upgrade this computer.

It doesn't work like that. Bottlenecks are pretty vague anyway since it's how the developers chose to balance CPU and GPU load rather than any technical limitation. And there's nothing that means a newer series will be any worse. In fact the longer you wait the cheaper the 1070 level of performance will become because a 1160 or 1250 will do the same job.

Lowest prices for components are generally pre-Christmas and May/June.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves2 h, 36 m ago

It doesn't work like that. Bottlenecks are pretty vague anyway since it's …It doesn't work like that. Bottlenecks are pretty vague anyway since it's how the developers chose to balance CPU and GPU load rather than any technical limitation. And there's nothing that means a newer series will be any worse. In fact the longer you wait the cheaper the 1070 level of performance will become because a 1160 or 1250 will do the same job.Lowest prices for components are generally pre-Christmas and May/June.

Thanks! tbh I really do not need it any time soon so waiting for a 1160/1250 would be fine for me. Didnt even think of that!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants