O2

Found 29th Apr
Does anyone know if a phone locked to O2 will work with a Sky sim which use the O2 platform ?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
No it won’t, if the phone is locked to a particular network. However if it’s a contract phone and the contract is up they can unlock it for free.
I haven't tried sky mobile, but if Sky is a virtual provider using O2's network, then a phone locked to O2's network should work fine on Sky without being unlocked, same as it will work on Tesco mobile who use the O2 network.

You won't be able to use a phone locked to a virtual provider on the base network, or another virtual provider though, so a phone locked to tesco mobile would not work on O2, sky etc.

EDIT: Curiously a quick google suggests Sky may be an exception, (although one person in the thread I linked to said theirs did and another said theirs didn't!) so you'd need to find someone who has tried it with a phone than is definitely locked to O2:- helpforum.sky.com/t5/…735
Edited by: "melted" 29th Apr
Yeah, it’ll work with the Sky sim
melted22 m ago

I haven't tried sky mobile, but if Sky is a virtual provider using O2's …I haven't tried sky mobile, but if Sky is a virtual provider using O2's network, then a phone locked to O2's network should work fine on Sky without being unlocked, same as it will work on Tesco mobile who use the O2 network.You won't be able to use a phone locked to a virtual provider on the base network, or another virtual provider though, so a phone locked to tesco mobile would not work on O2, sky etc.EDIT: Curiously a quick google suggests Sky may be an exception, (although one person in the thread I linked to said theirs did and another said theirs didn't!) so you'd need to find someone who has tried it with a phone than is definitely locked to O2:- https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Locked-O2-Handset/td-p/2581735

Another thread here says it won't!

community.o2.co.uk/t5/…671
melted43 m ago

I haven't tried sky mobile, but if Sky is a virtual provider using O2's …I haven't tried sky mobile, but if Sky is a virtual provider using O2's network, then a phone locked to O2's network should work fine on Sky without being unlocked, same as it will work on Tesco mobile who use the O2 network.You won't be able to use a phone locked to a virtual provider on the base network, or another virtual provider though, so a phone locked to tesco mobile would not work on O2, sky etc.EDIT: Curiously a quick google suggests Sky may be an exception, (although one person in the thread I linked to said theirs did and another said theirs didn't!) so you'd need to find someone who has tried it with a phone than is definitely locked to O2:- https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Locked-O2-Handset/td-p/2581735

Just to say I believe that no longer applies to Tesco either.
Tesco phone which is 02 won't take a giffgaff sim last time I tried. To answer I think you need to try or just avoid locked phones.
Hmmmm....seems mixed answers prevail.....is there anyone actually using at this time a sky sim in a phone locked to O2 ???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants