O2 Arena, best way to get there?

Found 29th Sep 2012
Looking for a bit of advice from 02 regulars, I have tickets to see Radiohead on the 9th, have to go on my own so I was looking at the best way to travel there from Norfolk..

My preferred route is the train but the last train back is 23:06, so I would have to get from the 02 to Kings Cross by then.. I presume the concert looking at the set list will finish at 10ish, is that possible as concert is a sell out so I expect tube at north Greenwich to be busy..

Second options to drive, I can rent a driveway from parkatmydrive.com to save on parking but obviously I am driving through London at 4pm ish. Anyone know if that area is prone to bad traffic problems?
Community Updates
MiscO2
21 Comments
Driving/parking would be difficult so tube/DLR/train is really the best option. Another option could be to drive and park somewhere in East London and get the DLR back to the Northside of the Thames (North Greenwich - Canning Town .... ), and then link with other transport to get to your car. Many areas of London now have either Pay & Display or Residential Parking schemes so free parking is a lot more difficult to find these days.

Or swallow the cost of parking. Which would probably be very expensive.
Driving to the O2 would probably involve using the Blackwall Tunnel (closest road river crossing) which can get VERY busy. Especially during rush hour. For pedestrians there is also the Greenwich foot tunnel.
Edited by: "WoolyM" 29th Sep 2012
Thx mate. Looking at the route is does involve the tunnel. I got parking if u want it for £7 at rent my drive. I could drive to Cambridge and train it in as the trains run later
Aeschylus

Thx mate. Looking at the route is does involve the tunnel. I got parking … Thx mate. Looking at the route is does involve the tunnel. I got parking if u want it for £7 at rent my drive. I could drive to Cambridge and train it in as the trains run later

I saw this. en.parkopedia.co.uk/par…on/ Put in canning town station for instance.
Most guaranteed free parking these days is at 24 hour supermarkets that have not implemented private parking schemes
fanpages

Previous thread: "No jubilee line at wkd - is the o2 a pain to get to?"

He will be ok if its next month then, as the 9th is midweek.
Aeschylus

Second options to drive, I can rent a driveway from parkatmydrive.com to … Second options to drive, I can rent a driveway from parkatmydrive.com to save on parking but obviously I am driving through London at 4pm ish. Anyone know if that area is prone to bad traffic problems?

The area immediately around the O2 Arena is very prone to traffic issues at that time of day (so called "rush hour"; where people do no rush & it takes much longer than an hour to get anywhere) due to the bottleneck of the Blackwall Tunnel.
fanpages

WoolyM

No month was mentioned in the thread description. I was covering all possible days/months in the future.
fanpages

WoolyM

Belt and braces
Aeschylus

Thx mate. Looking at the route is does involve the tunnel. I got parking … Thx mate. Looking at the route is does involve the tunnel. I got parking if u want it for £7 at rent my drive. I could drive to Cambridge and train it in as the trains run later

WoolyM

I saw this. http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/canning_town_station/ … I saw this. http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/canning_town_station/ Put in canning town station for instance.Most guaranteed free parking these days is at 24 hour supermarkets that have not implemented private parking schemes

The parking scheme at the Sainsbury's Supermarket at Greenwich Peninsular has now been suspended. That is 5-10 minutes walk away from the O2/North Greenwich tube station.

There is also an Asda Store 10-15 minutes walk away.
Aeschylus

Looking for a bit of advice from 02 regulars, I have tickets to see … Looking for a bit of advice from 02 regulars, I have tickets to see Radiohead on the 9th, have to go on my own so I was looking at the best way to travel there from Norfolk..My preferred route is the train but the last train back is 23:06, so I would have to get from the 02 to Kings Cross by then.. I presume the concert looking at the set list will finish at 10ish, is that possible as concert is a sell out so I expect tube at north Greenwich to be busy..Second options to drive, I can rent a driveway from parkatmydrive.com to save on parking but obviously I am driving through London at 4pm ish. Anyone know if that area is prone to bad traffic problems?

Third option: Taxi to/from Kings Cross/North Greenwich.
Doesnt surprise me if they are suspending the parking. I suspect that many concert goers may have been stopping there
WoolyM

Doesnt surprise me if they are suspending the parking. I suspect that … Doesnt surprise me if they are suspending the parking. I suspect that many concert goers may have been stopping there

It does get quite busy later in the evening due to the people visiting the Cinema on the same plot, but when arriving around 4pm there should be at least one space!

I was there the week before last around 3pm, & the entire car park (for all the retail stores) was deserted apart from a few "white van" drivers bunking-off their respective jobs.
Just seen this in deals if you havent paid out already
National Express tickets £1 with Daily Mirror coupon
hotukdeals.com/dea…226

Not sure if it would suit you though
Aeschylus

You can park in North Greenwich Station car park for £7 all day saturday - get down there a bit early, bit of food, no walking from sainsburys/drive ways!
Aeschylus

deviouspaul

You can park in North Greenwich Station car park for £7 all day saturday … You can park in North Greenwich Station car park for £7 all day saturday - get down there a bit early, bit of food, no walking from sainsburys/drive ways!

For a mid-week event, parking on Saturday would be considered more than "a bit early", I think.
Change tickets to the weekend then - sorted
Concert finishing at 10pm, are you sure?
bestway to get there -ios maps. sorry had to say it. bye.
You're welcome, Aeschylus.
greg_68

Concert finishing at 10pm, are you sure?

This.
I decided to drive, as did not want to watching my watch and just enjoy the concert, as I am up in the gods I had read comments on other forums where it said it can take a while just to get out of the 02, let alone getting a tube, so booked a driveway 10 mins walk away for £7
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants