O2 block phone

Found 29th Sep 2011
My friends lost his iphone on a cheesy night out ( Tuesday ) and he reported it lost/stolen so they blocked it and cancelled the sim card and sent him a replacement simcard ( which hes waiting for )

He is glad that he put a lockcode on the phone so no one can access his data easily but there are ways to bypass that. He hates the thought of some cheap skate using his phone so the question is do o2 block the phone straight away or does it take time?
Community Updates
MisciPhoneO2Phones
12 Comments
They only block calls

anything left on the phone is still on the phone
Original Poster Banned
brock101

They only block calls anything left on the phone is still on the phone

I know that. I mean how long does it take to block the phone. He had it jailbroken so I think it could be accessed more easier now, The data that is.
Edited by: "babyface_snoop" 29th Sep 2011
the sim is blocked immediately,what dodgy pics had you on it (_;)

they are still accessable
Edited by: "grabbit" 29th Sep 2011
what you on about " the data" the data is whats on the phone

the only thing reporting a phone stolen does is stop it being used as anything that would go on to your bill

phone calls , internet and such
Original Poster Banned

I that

brock101

what you on about " the data" the data is whats on the phone the only … what you on about " the data" the data is whats on the phone the only thing reporting a phone stolen does is stop it being used as anything that would go on to your billphone calls , internet and such

I know that. I ment he has a passcode on the phone so no one can access his data so easily!!

I'm on about how long do o2 take to block ( blacklist ) The phone if you report the phone lost/stolen
!!
Vodafone state it will take up to 24 hours for them to do it. I guess it depends on the network..

info from here: http://vodafone.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3128/~/imei-blocking (see "How long will it take to block a reported lost or stolen handset?")
babyface_snoop

I thatI know that. I ment he has a passcode on the phone so no one can … I thatI know that. I ment he has a passcode on the phone so no one can access his data so easily!!I'm on about how long do o2 take to block ( blacklist ) The phone if you report the phone lost/stolen !!

the handset is blacklisted almost immediately,no calls can be made or received
oldmanhouse

Vodafone state it will take up to 24 hours for them to do it. I guess it … Vodafone state it will take up to 24 hours for them to do it. I guess it depends on the network..info from here: http://vodafone.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3128/~/imei-blocking (see "How long will it take to block a reported lost or stolen handset?")

that's vodafone australia oO
Original Poster Banned
grabbit

the handset is blacklisted almost immediately,no calls can be made or … the handset is blacklisted almost immediately,no calls can be made or received

Thats good then!! My friend will be happy if I tell him the phone got blocked straight away!!

o2 wouldn't tell him how long it would take.... I find there customer service rude to be fair!!!
grabbit

that's vodafone australia oO

So it is! Good spot.
Calls and data bar is instant. Handset depending on what time you call in can take up to 24hours but does not prevent you accessing the phone data or using the phone outside of the uk.
Original Poster Banned
I know the person who took the phone can access all the data and use the phone in a forgien country where the imei number is not blacklisted in the database...

I just wanted to know how long does it take to perform a full blockage on a phone and make it blacklisted!! Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants