Groups

o2 broadband

i have just checked availability for o2 broadband in my area on o2's website and it says the download speed is zero meg, does this mean i won't be able to get it?

i ws trying to get the offer for existing mobile customers

12 Comments

I can't get it in my area either :-(

Original Poster

keystrokes;8118632

I can't get it in my area either :-(

i couldn't wait and i phoned them up, after checking with BT they say i can get upto 3 megs? would this be right?

SuperEd

Sagor;8118701

i couldn't wait and i phoned them up, after checking with BT they say i … i couldn't wait and i phoned them up, after checking with BT they say i can get upto 3 megs? would this be right?

depends how far you are from the exchange

im near enough furthest away from my exchange and i get 4mb

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8118738

depends how far you are from the exchange

i looked at sam knows

it says the exchange is enabled with o2

the distance by car is 2.6miles, but by walking it is 1.8miles, so should be less 'as the crow flies'

SuperEd

o2 are pretty spot on with speeds aswell

Sagor;8118701

i couldn't wait and i phoned them up, after checking with BT they say i … i couldn't wait and i phoned them up, after checking with BT they say i can get upto 3 megs? would this be right?

Use the availabilty checker at samknows samknows.com/bro…php it will tell you the LLU services available in your exchnage area.
    Download speeds are dependent on distance from exchange, cable type and internal wiring. I'm on 52db line length and get 6Meg downstream and 1.3 upstream with o2 (upto 8 meg) as there was little point in paying for a better service that my line won't handle.

Sagor;8118757

i looked at sam knowsit says the exchange is enabled with o2the distance … i looked at sam knowsit says the exchange is enabled with o2the distance by car is 2.6miles, but by walking it is 1.8miles, so should be less 'as the crow flies'

Not really, just because your 2.6 miles from the exchnage doesn't mean the cable will take the most direct route from the exchange. It has to go to a PCP (green cabinet) on the first part of it's journey then onto your house. Alot of the time a cable will double back on itself. I know premises less than 200m from the exchnage but the actual cable length is closer to 1 km.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8118822

Not really, just because your 2.6 miles from the exchnage doesn't mean … Not really, just because your 2.6 miles from the exchnage doesn't mean the cable will take the most direct route from the exchange. It has to go to a PCP (green cabinet) on the first part of it's journey then onto your house. Alot of the time a cable will double back on itself. I know premises less than 200m from the exchnage but the actual cable length is closer to 1 km.

so do you think it is worth it going for them or will it be the same with everyone

Sagor;8118861

so do you think it is worth it going for them or will it be the same with … so do you think it is worth it going for them or will it be the same with everyone

o2 offer ADSL2+ in unbundled areas so speed/perfomance can exceed that of the standard upto 8meg offered by alot of other providers. I personally couldn't rate o2 higher. I can get free ADSL from BT as an empolyee, I don't take it, read into that what you like

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8118790

Use the availabilty checker at samknows … Use the availabilty checker at samknows http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php it will tell you the LLU services available in your exchnage area.Download speeds are dependent on distance from exchange, cable type and internal wiring. I'm on 52db line length and get 6Meg downstream and 1.3 upstream with o2 (upto 8 meg) as there was little point in paying for a better service that my line won't handle.

just checked on this link and this is what it says

Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
    Click here to compare packages available to you.

The following services are available in your location:
    BT Wholesale ADSL
    BT Wholesale ADSL Max
    BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
    BT Wholesale SDSL
    AOL LLU
    O2 / Be LLU
    Bulldog LLU
    TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
    Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
    Tiscali LLU
    Tiscali TV (via Tiscali LLU)
    Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)
    Virgin Media (Cable)
    Please select the options on the left for more information about broadband availability at your location.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8118888

o2 offer ADSL2+ in unbundled areas so speed/perfomance can exceed that of … o2 offer ADSL2+ in unbundled areas so speed/perfomance can exceed that of the standard upto 8meg offered by alot of other providers. I personally couldn't rate o2 higher. I can get free ADSL from BT as an empolyee, I don't take it, read into that what you like

thanks for your help, left you all a little bit of rep
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86145
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions