Found 7th Aug 2010
Anyone have this problem?

Practically every game I play I'm getting 5 sec lag
I did communicate over the mouth piece and no one else was getting this issue

11 Comments

Banned

U2 broadband? lol

Always be 5 seconds ahead of the competition then :P

Are you plugged into the router via ethernet?

Banned

but no seriousy.. my o2 broadband has been fine. never once had a problem with it on xbox live.

DangerGod

but no seriousy.. my o2 broadband has been fine. never once had a problem … but no seriousy.. my o2 broadband has been fine. never once had a problem with it on xbox live.

seriousy?

There's nothing wrong with your broadband, MW2 is the problem. It always has been.

test your xbox live / psn network and see if you get Open -Moderate or Strict --Nat Type 2 --type3 and see if upnp is available* psn will show in test.

If all else fails, write a disgruntled letter to Bono. I hear The Edge is useless at dealing with this sort of thing.

EDIT: I wish people would stop changing their incorrect thread titles, it makes my hilarious comedy posts look suddenly very odd.

Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 8th Aug 2010

dcx_badass

A strict or open NAT doesn't really make a difference to the lag anyway. … A strict or open NAT doesn't really make a difference to the lag anyway. I'm sure it's not 5 seconds at all. Ring O2 and ask to be put on a fastpath line profile.

True but router will if setup badly or buggy firmware (upnp implementation) wrong MTU etc going from interleaved to fastpath will improve [ms] but stability will suffer or rather might suffer on a bad line / borderline (line)

reboot your router first enable DHCP and enable upnp get rid of any ip in Dmz and setup no port forwarding for xbox 360 (if your upnp works properly) you will get OPEN (It's a good start and shows the problem lies elsewhere)

Bono says NO

Original Poster

Sorry guys completely forgot about this thread lol
thanks for all the help

Ill give o2 a call and see what they say

to start with just reboot router. Is it the o2 wireless box ?

192.168.1.254 usually to login .. or just pull out power cable and leave it out for about 15-30 seconds (dont pull it out then straight back in).. then see if that made a difference.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games913
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1014
    3. can i swap out ssd frequently? day to day stuff22
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522888
    5. Add one, leave one game54415470

See more discussions