O2 Broadband now with £60 QuidCo cashback!

Found 16th Oct 2008
Not only the best deal around for home broadband (£7.50 p/m for O2 customers or £12.50 p/m for non O2ers), but now you get £60 QuidCo for joining either home or mobile broadband.

15 Comments

I changed from Orange to O2 12 months ago (best thing I ever did) excellent ISP

Good deal. I'm out of their area though so need to pay £17.50pm but for 12 months with £60 cashback it works out at £12.50 a month whereas I am currently paying £19.99

i am with BT Broadband at the moment but thinking of changing, this sounds great and alot cheaper. I also have an O2 mobile and £60 quidco.
Sounds like a good deal all round.

Orange signed me up via PC World for what they claimed was a 12-month subscription, which, it later transpired, was for 18 months. If the future's bright, it's most definitely not Orange.

Moved to misc, we do not allow sole cashback offers as deal posts. Thanks./

Can anyone with an account with O2 broadband confirm their SMTP settings can send out other POP3 emails from other accounts?

O2 C/S is brilliant - freephone + UK based. Also if you have a PAYG O2 sim all you have to do is topup with £10.00 every 3 months, you can then claim the discounted rate ie £7.50 PM

damn just signed up last week when it was just £25..

wozwebs;3213039

Can anyone with an account with O2 broadband confirm their SMTP settings … Can anyone with an account with O2 broadband confirm their SMTP settings can send out other POP3 emails from other accounts?

yes you can recieve pop email from anywhere but to send, even from a non o2 broadband account, you will need to use the smtp settings for 02 broadband if connected to thier servers at the time.

nice one - I'm just about to swap to o2 anyone know if this will still be running in Nov? I'm tied into plusnet until nov23rd.

worto.

Good stuff, might make the switch over then. With the £7.50 saved each month I can get a 3 USB mobile broadband contract as a back up and for when i'm on the road.

Original Poster

wozwebs, O2 do a deal for £20 per month for the mobile broadband and give you the home broadband for free!
Jeez - I should get a job for O2!!!

wozwebs;3212927

Good deal. I'm out of their area though so need to pay £17.50pm but for … Good deal. I'm out of their area though so need to pay £17.50pm but for 12 months with £60 cashback it works out at £12.50 a month whereas I am currently paying £19.99

I'm on the home access service and to be honest I wouldn't recommend it, I'm sure the LLU service is top notch, but the BT wholesale service just isn't up to scratch.

Ok this ones a bit of a fiddle, but works out to be quite a sweet deal if you can do it right!

02 are currently doing a sim only deal (simplicity) for £20/month (usual price £25) where you get 600 mins and 1000 texts every month.

They offer one free bolt on worth £7.50 per month (unlimited text/200 anytime mins/unlimited landline calls). You get no phone, and its only a 1 month rolling contract whereby you would give 30 days to cancel.

I went for the extra 200 mins bringing my monthly allowance to 800 mins!

Transferring my number after obtaining a PAC (port authorisation) code from my exisitng provider took 3 working days.

[color=#FF0000]So to summarise the simplicity deal:
1000 txt / 800 anytime xnet minutes
1 month contract
No phone
[/color]
Price=£20 per month or £240 per 12 months

I'll put the explanation for keeping the sim for 12 months later, but keep following what I type.

O2 Broadband are currently doing an offer whereby their broadband is discounted if you have a sim card with them. For the lowest priced one the standard price is £12.50 for their unlimited 8 meg broadband. If you get the sim card deal above the price you would pay monthly is £7.50 per month on a 12 month contract.

* Note although advertised as 8mb, depending on your line quality, its been reported that users can get anything upto 24 meg, as they're using the same infrastructure as Be Broadband.

[color=#FF0000]So to summarise the broadband deal:
8Meg boradband
12 month contract
[/color]
Discounted Price = £7.50 x 12 = £90 for the year.

So the total cost for the year for Sim and Broadband:
£240 + £90 = £330

Cost per month for Sim and Broadband = £27.50

Fair enough its an okayish deal.. but you don't get a phone, I know that was on your mind. But to get any decent phone, lets say the N95 8GB, you would have to take out an 18mnth contract, pay £35 minimum every month and get 600 mins. You would also have to add £7.50 for the broadband every month.

OK a simple claculation £35 x 18 months = £600 + £90 = £690 - £330. Minus the £330 (well it would be more as the 330 is only for 12 months), you would essentially be paying £360+ for the phone. N95 8GB are going on gumtree and ebay brand new or as new for £180-£250.

Anys forget that,..

So the total cost for the year for Sim and Broadband:
£240 + £90 = £330

If you complete your purchase of these online, and if you go through Quidco which is a referral site you would earn the following cash back:

Cashback on Sim: £35
Cashback on Broadband: £60 (£90-£60 = £30 unlimited broadband for the year, or £2.50 per month)

Total cashback = £95

Final cost for Sim and Broadband:
£330-£95 = £235 for the year or less than £20 per month

Links:

[color=#408040]Quidco Details for O2 Sim: quidco.com/o2/
Quidco Details for O2 Broadband: quidco.com/o2-…nd/[/color]

* If you have never used quidco before.. Please post here before you attempt, as there are a few technical things you need to be aware of!

Hi GR2

I am completely new to Quidco thing, and I am thinking of taking up this deal. Please tell me anything that newbies should know. Thank you !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247631
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769470
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422868
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2355

See more discussions