o2 contract

Found 21st Jun
I have a contract with o2 since October. It’s a 12 month contract and I pay £38pm
They’re so ridiculous and they charge me more than £50 every month somehow apparently I call chargeable numbers etc.
I wanted to cancel my contract but they said early termination fee is £180.
Total b*shit because I still have 5 months for my contract to end.
38 x 5 = 190
They’re so bad with customer service and I will never buy from them again
I think I will be buying from three as their customer service is brilliant
Community Updates
AskO2
Top comments
You use more than you are allowed to and yet you moan because of this, find a company that allows you to get away with it and we will all join. your termination fee is right, you pay off your contract and get a little vat back as per OFCOM rules so again nothing you can do about that.
Edited by: "eslick" 21st Jun
11 Comments
You use more than you are allowed to and yet you moan because of this, find a company that allows you to get away with it and we will all join. your termination fee is right, you pay off your contract and get a little vat back as per OFCOM rules so again nothing you can do about that.
Are you for real. Sounds like you had no idea of what contract you signed up for. Do your homework first.
Edited by: "andy186186" 21st Jun
eslick51 m ago

You use more than you are allowed to and yet you moan because of this, …You use more than you are allowed to and yet you moan because of this, find a company that allows you to get away with it and we will all join. your termination fee is right, you pay off your contract and get a little vat back as per OFCOM rules so again nothing you can do about that.

Some companies allow customers to put a cap on it but o2 doesn’t allow that...
And I don’t always know when a phone number charges extra
You’re very helpful, thanks.
I'm going out on a limb here, but I reckon Three might charge you extra if you keep calling numbers that they consider are chargeable according to the contract.

Have you reviewed the numbers, and confirmed you are personally calling them? One of my favourite threads on Reddit basically amounted to someone complaining about exactly what you'd described, only it turns out their autistic son was calling 'special hotlines' in the early hours of the morning, and hadn't realised the consequences.

Also, are you trying to argue that O2's cancellation fee should be £10 MORE than what they're asking for? I imagine if you point this out to them they will happily accept defeat on this point.
Look on your bill. It will list the chargeable calls. Next, stop calling those numbers. Simples.
weekender10 m ago

I'm going out on a limb here, but I reckon Three might charge you extra if …I'm going out on a limb here, but I reckon Three might charge you extra if you keep calling numbers that they consider are chargeable according to the contract.Have you reviewed the numbers, and confirmed you are personally calling them? One of my favourite threads on Reddit basically amounted to someone complaining about exactly what you'd described, only it turns out their autistic son was calling 'special hotlines' in the early hours of the morning, and hadn't realised the consequences.Also, are you trying to argue that O2's cancellation fee should be £10 MORE than what they're asking for? I imagine if you point this out to them they will happily accept defeat on this point.

No they are moaning that it's only £10 to keep the last 5 months over cancelling it. But as its a £38 contract it will be with a subsidised phone so they can't/won't discount the disconnection by much.
Customer complains that company implements charges as per agreed contract. Kinda bizarre complaint.
GAVINLEWISHUKD3 m ago

No they are moaning that it's only £10 to keep the last 5 months over …No they are moaning that it's only £10 to keep the last 5 months over cancelling it. But as its a £38 contract it will be with a subsidised phone so they can't/won't discount the disconnection by much.

Oh, I see. Seems like a fair business decision on the phone company's part, what with that whole "we legally agreed a contract" thing going on.
Merry00031 m ago

Some companies allow customers to put a cap on it but o2 doesn’t allow t …Some companies allow customers to put a cap on it but o2 doesn’t allow that...And I don’t always know when a phone number charges extra You’re very helpful, thanks.

Sorry but come on take some responsibility for your own actions. You can find out which numbers are in your package and ones which are not by looking at what o2 gave you when you joined. Don’t say you weren’t given anything or weren’t told because you will have been.

In simplistic terms you will be able to call mobile numbers, free phone numbers and landlines expect to pay for everything else and if you have been charged before don’t call the number again look for a number within your package.

Back to the the termination fee look at the link below.

Finally maybe have a think, if you can’t control how much bread you need to buy, then you need to be even more careful about your phone and other bills.

o2.co.uk/hel…ges

which.co.uk/con…rly
weekender14 m ago

Oh, I see. Seems like a fair business decision on the phone company's …Oh, I see. Seems like a fair business decision on the phone company's part, what with that whole "we legally agreed a contract" thing going on.

It’s not that, it’s the fact that they want £180 to pay up a contract which is £190 if it ran to the end, any company will charge you for the full term of your contract even airtime you cannot just walk away. The op is actually getting a reduction as they calculate it slightly differently to the full price times the number of months left. But ultimately you sign up to 12 months you pay nearly the full 12 months before you can fully cancel, 18 month deals the same and so on. It means you still have to pay what you signed up for, same with any contract except with phones you do get a slight discount.
I agree with the other comments... And the lack of a cap was something you were aware of when you signed up... If there was one it would have been mentioned.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants