o2 contract, keeping same number and quidco.. any advice? :)

Found 21st Mar 2009
I'm thinking about switching to an o2 sim only contract. I want to keep my number, but I'm wondering how it works with quidco?

I don't want to miss out on quidco, but really need to keep my number.

Does anyone know how to have your cake and eat it? lol

10 Comments

Banned

PAC out of O2 for a few days to another provider on a free sim. Then a few days time, get a PAC from your new provider and go in as a new customer.

Original Poster

sorry, I should have said, I'm already an o2 PAYG user.

I'm sure changing number is easy enough, it's just I know quidco won't pay unless it's all completed online, so not sure how to do both?

Banned

Jed Maxwell;4702403

sorry, I should have said, I'm already an o2 PAYG user.I'm sure changing … sorry, I should have said, I'm already an o2 PAYG user.I'm sure changing number is easy enough, it's just I know quidco won't pay unless it's all completed online, so not sure how to do both?

Why would you think it'd make any difference if you are contract or PAYG? Its your number. You are entitled to port it.

What I said above is 100% accurate. I've done it myself. (Though not to get quidco - I dont bother with that.)

You can change your number after setting up the contract. Just ring o2 customer services once your up and running

Banned

Femstar;4702482

You can change your number after setting up the contract. Just ring o2 … You can change your number after setting up the contract. Just ring o2 customer services once your up and running

He cant PAC from one PAYG O2 sim to another. He'll need to port out first as explained above.

Original Poster

guv;4702421

Why would you think it'd make any difference if you are contract or PAYG? … Why would you think it'd make any difference if you are contract or PAYG? Its your number. You are entitled to port it.What I said above is 100% accurate. I've done it myself. (Though not to get quidco - I dont bother with that.)

I was pointing out that I was already an o2 customer, wasn't sure if things had to be done differently?

guv;4702500

He cant PAC from one PAYG O2 sim to another. He'll need to port out first … He cant PAC from one PAYG O2 sim to another. He'll need to port out first as explained above.

Op is going from o2 PAYG to an o2 contract?

Can you just set the contract up with o2 online, so the quidco goes through ok, then get o2 to change the number after?

Go through quidco and set up your contract as you would do normally, even signing in if you already have an account with o2 online. They will send you new sim on monthly contract as you have chosen. Then phone up and get it merged with your o2 pay as you go number, they will have to allocate another number to your (now not used payg sim) and its all done.

It works cause ive just done it in november - however o2 tracks very slowly and i have only just been paid!

Original Poster

ThePasty;4702678

Go through quidco and set up your contract as you would do normally, even … Go through quidco and set up your contract as you would do normally, even signing in if you already have an account with o2 online. They will send you new sim on monthly contract as you have chosen. Then phone up and get it merged with your o2 pay as you go number, they will have to allocate another number to your (now not used payg sim) and its all done.It works cause ive just done it in november - however o2 tracks very slowly and i have only just been paid!

Ah, nice one, thanks for the info, repped

Banned

usually, if you are on the same network as the new contract(or pay as you go) you are getting you need to port your number from this network to another one then port back onto the new contract(or pay as you go)

eg as guv pointed out in the first reply:

o2 PAYG >> orange PAYG >> o2 the new sim you are wanting quidco from.

the rules might have changed but i dont really port my number every week...
Post a comment
@
    Text