Groups

O2 contract sim suitable for iphone??

Hi

am looking for help here regarding my current contract phone (Samsung Jet) which I recently upgraded to with carphone warehouse(online). The sim card/network is through O2 and I wanted to change the Samsung phone to an i-phone and use my current O2 sim card.
    Would I be able to do this and would i need to have an unlocked iphone or have to buy one that is tied to O2.
    I dont want to buy an iphone off ebay and then find it doesn't take my contract sim card

Any help here would be much appreciated

3 Comments

You would be fine with one locked to O2... As they now unlock iPhones. Your contract sim will work as long as you have a internet bundle on there (so you don't get charged any extortionate prices for accessing the net)

Just did the same myself. Ring carphone W as there is a setting you need to change on the iphone to use he internet free. Easy to do and they should be helpful. BTW you can get an iphone sim (via C P W) but need to push for £20. You get 600 x network mins + 1200 texts + free 3G internet - useful for watching TV i=ob iphone:p

Original Poster

Thanks folks, I have an internet bundle on existing contract-wasn't sure if i-phone should be reset to factory settings to allow me to get new applications

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions