O2 Contract - Upgrade Early?

7 replies
Found 13th Feb 2009
Im on a 18 month contract and now in my 13th month, But my phone is sort of broke, Its started to freeze alot lately and comming up insert sim all the time,

Does anyone know if O2 allow you to upgrade early as you will be signing a new contract with them anyway and there not losing a customer, Because its not asif I want to cancel, I just want to upgrade phone and start a new contract.

Anyone had any previous experiences about this?

I thought I'd ask on here 1st before contacting them incase anyone had any tips or anything,

Thanx in advance

7 Comments

Tell o2. As it is a contract, by law they have to provide you with a working phone.

Original Poster

Sematic;4365317

Tell o2. As it is a contract, by law they have to provide you with a … Tell o2. As it is a contract, by law they have to provide you with a working phone.

even if i never took no insurance out or anything with the phone?

Tell o2. As it is a contract, by law they have to provide you with a … Tell o2. As it is a contract, by law they have to provide you with a working phone.

That is not true. The contract is for your airtime and line rental - the phone has a normal manufacturers warranty on it as with any other product. You'd have to have insurance on it for them to replace it ouside the 12 month warranty, unless you happen to speak to a very understanding operator who can bend the rules for you (maybe like the OP said, upgrade early for example)

starsi;4365400

That is not true. The contract is for your airtime and line rental - the … That is not true. The contract is for your airtime and line rental - the phone has a normal manufacturers warranty on it as with any other product. You'd have to have insurance on it for them to replace it ouside the 12 month warranty, unless you happen to speak to a very understanding operator who can bend the rules for you (maybe like the OP said, upgrade early for example)

Again not correct, they do provide you with a working phone, I only found this out myself fomr going into an 02 store, where they did in fact provide me with a temporary phon while my "contract" mobile was fixed. This was outside the "warrenty period". Granted the loan phone isnt that great but its stil alot better than having no phone at all.

Also make sure you GO IN STORE, always have better luck that way myself.

what phone is it?

sony ericsson and nokia phones have a two year manufacturing warrenty, so if faulty they will get reapired for free, if you have a repair center nearby you could take it straight there yourself

Original Poster

Sagor;4366683

what phone is it?sony ericsson and nokia phones have a two year … what phone is it?sony ericsson and nokia phones have a two year manufacturing warrenty, so if faulty they will get reapired for free, if you have a repair center nearby you could take it straight there yourself

Its the Nokia N82, it just winds me up all the time the way it freezes and it comes up insert sim all the time, its since I updated the firmware onit, plus I done it with Nokias own upgrading software.

yep take it to your nokia service centre and get it repaired for onothing
nokia.co.uk/A42…229
to find you local one
or get a cheap pay as you go or second hand phone and shove your sim in that
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56552
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions