O2 contract upgrade on iPhone 11 64G (Retention offer)

Posted 2nd Jul 2020
Ok people bare with me... I don’t post a lot so apologise if I miss something out.

I called to enquire about upgrade as my current contract has been settled.

Retention department are offering upto £260 discount on a new iPhone 11.

It’s on O2 refresh and it’s over 36 months but I plan on settling it ASAP.

£13.06 x 35 months £457.10
£12.90 x 1 month
Total is £470.

Don’t get me wrong the airtime is £24 for 5GB of data (which I think is extortionate) and if you run the full 36 months for both Phone and Airtime; this is expensive but I plan on paying it off over the next few months and converting to another SIM only plan.

Yes I know Apple isn’t for everyone but £470 is ok for a new phone.
Community Updates
4 Comments
Very good offer. Shame it’s not available online. Personally if your in no rush or short of money at this time, £13 a months is excellent even at 36 months!
Yes - I didn’t want 36 month contract but thought take it keep the payments low and pay lump sums off. Not happy about the airtime which is motivating me to pay it off sooner!
Hate the fact that it’s now 36mth contracts, when mine ends up I’ll probably switch over. Have no idea why they’ve decided to pull away from comparison sites?
darkfrost102/07/2020 20:01

Hate the fact that it’s now 36mth contracts, when mine ends up I’ll pro …Hate the fact that it’s now 36mth contracts, when mine ends up I’ll probably switch over. Have no idea why they’ve decided to pull away from comparison sites?

I don’t like 36 month contracts too - decided to pay it off ASAP then you’re not in contract no longer. Airtime only last for as long as the Phone contact.
Edited by: "Tez_f" 3rd Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text