Expired

o2 Contracts

Found 30th Oct 2006
Hi all

Need advice...a while back O2 changed their T&Cs so as suggested on the forum it created a get out of contract chance....well I took it ! I cancelled quoting T&C 8.4. now I have a threatening letter from Moorcroft, saying O2 are going to take me to court....any suggestions?

Mp:x

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

This is more a MISC forum posting but anyways...

have you seeked legal advice? are you even allowed to talk about it?

o2.co.uk/ter…act

8.4 You may end this Agreement by giving us written notice if:

(a) we break this Agreement in any material way and we do not correct the situation within 7 days of receipt of your written request;

(b) we go into liquidation or a Receiver is appointed over our assets; or

(c) if you are a Consumer Customer we increase Charges for calls, messages or data that form part of your inclusive allowance or your Line Rental Charges or change this Agreement to your significant disadvantage, provided you give us a minimum of 30 days written notice (and provided you notify us within one month of our telling you about the changes). This does not apply where the increase or change relates solely to Additional Services in which case you may cancel, or stop using, that Additional Service.

What EXACTLY did O2 say when u cancelled? did you cancel the direct debit? did you sufficiently prove that they had broken 8.4? what reason did you use? does the letter extend into more reasons as to why they are taking u to court? who are moorcroft? under what law are they taking you to court for? small claims? civil court?

The questions could go on forever, u need to obtain alot more information.

Original Poster

[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]Dear O2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]I understand that the terms and conditions have changed from the ones that I originally signed.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]Changing these conditions to charging for 07744 & 07755 number will, I feel put me at a disadvantage under 8.4c of my terms and conditions.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]Therefore I wish to cancel my account with you, as from today (15th July 2006)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]I look forward to you reply as soon as possible.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]Thank you [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]I then got a text lessage from o2 stating they were sorry I was going but my contract would end as requested. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]Moorcroft are a debt collection agency threatening to take me to county court for 56.37.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]I ve wrote to o2 4 times about this, not one reply[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]suggestion?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Sylfaen][SIZE=3]mp[/SIZE][/FONT]

firstly they should be able to claim that amount off your direct debit unless u cancelled it either way
[SIZE=4] CALL O2 AND PAY THEM ASAP BEFORE THAT CHARGE HITS £200+ BECAUSE OF DEBT AGENCY CHARGES[/SIZE]
If you didn't see the bbc undercover programme on debt collector bailiffs and their agencies u r more the ignorant for it, try and get it if you can
Make sure O2 call off that agency and make sure they fully comprehend it is their fault for going to such drastic measures so quickly when other means of payment methods exists for them and yourself also try and get them to pay for the debt collection costs too since they is a VERY OTT measure to take on their part.

secondly, are you 100% sure you called 07744/55 numbers before they changed those T&C's, if you didn't you are FRAUDULENTLY trying to escape a legal and binding contract...

PS: Unless those 4 letters were recorded or better special delivery or at the every least filled out a certificate of postage form, most companies deny any letters ever existed

i was going to try this with my gf's contract, didnt know you could get taken to court for that and she hasnt called any of those numbers so it would be fraudulent...
best of luck mp1962

dont scare this poor soul...

O2 has legal obligation to prove they contacted you by all reasonable means before asking the bailiffs to act. If 07744 numbers were included in the tariff when mp1962 went for one; removing the service puts him in disadvantage.

Recorded delivery receipts would be better.

Original Poster

Oh right, i didnt call the 07744 numbers but was going to
So whos right?

Mp

Just trying to save him the cost of bailiffs, also claiming to use 07744 after the fact just won;t be believable, it does not work.

I'm amazed went for a debt collection agency so quickly though.

Flippin eck, chill out a bit schizoboy.
I've had dealings with Moorcroft, many years ago. They are nothing to worry about just yet. This is a small debt and must have been even smaller before they 'bought' the debt.

Original Poster

dinosteveus

Flippin eck, chill out a bit schizoboy.I've had dealings with Moorcroft, … Flippin eck, chill out a bit schizoboy.I've had dealings with Moorcroft, many years ago. They are nothing to worry about just yet. This is a small debt and must have been even smaller before they 'bought' the debt.

Dont worry dinosteveus

Ive not come down with thelast shower, I have a little experience! really all I want to know is.....if anyone else has done this "cancelled under 8.4" if it has worked or they have had to pay.

Mp

LOL, i've seen bailiffs work 1st handed is all and that programme pretty much makes me despise them so don't want them to have the opportunity to make a penny more than they deserve despite their illegal and mass overcharging

dino it's just my pov

also 8.4 can be used in another way now, as o2 customers are not allowed to sell their phone on during the contractual period came in on the 10th or so of October iirc, that in itself a disadvantage since the phone would depreciate.

*moved to misc forum*

grassyarse emmajk42

mp1962 there are people on MSE who have exited their contracts due to the 07744 change, but they have a proven history of using them before august

schizoboy

grassyarse emmajk42

What??

I don't see why you have to prove to O2 that you would have called the 07744, you may have called the 07744 later on in the contract time and joined O2 for that reason.
I find it hard to believe that O2 would have passed the debt on so soon, you must have had at least two letters from O2.

The only reliable 'help' anybody on a Forum can offer is seek 'proper help' from the CAB.

gracias in spanish...

schizoboy

gracias in spanish...

Oh I see :oops:

I'm outa here, this site is too bloody slow :x

Same happened to me, contacted first the number on the bill letter, they odnt know anything about these numbers and change of condition, so i was transfered calls between many people with no luck
finally i found the letter sent to me by O2 regarding disconnecting the line, spoke with the complaint manager on the number on the letter, and he took all the charges off...
so look for the letter sent to you by O2 and call the person in the letter
i will try to find his name and number

hi
call 08453300684 and ask for Ben Hoole (complaint Review Executive), i am sure he will help...
Post a comment
@
    Text