Expired

O2 credit check

Found 29th Aug 2013
Hi guys, a pal of mine just tried ordering a new contract on O2 and at the confirmation page he got notice to say it has been referred to a credit check team. Has anyone experienced this and does he have a chance of being accepted? The order was already confirmed but he is worried it might get cancelled?
Community Updates
AskO2
9 Comments
Computer says no.
Banned

a pal of mine

Classic...
Banned
Chances are it will get rejected. About five years ago I had a mortgage, always paid on time. Credit cards being thrown at me left right and centre, pre approved by my bank for loans etc. Had no defaults, no debts apart from mortgage and a current 3 contract. I applied for an o2 contract for my girlfriend and they turned me down, rang 3 and was accepted straight away. Then again people I know who have had bad credit get approved by o2, sometimes I think it is just luck of the draw
Original Poster
lookingfordeals2013

Chances are it will get rejected. About five years ago I had a mortgage, … Chances are it will get rejected. About five years ago I had a mortgage, always paid on time. Credit cards being thrown at me left right and centre, pre approved by my bank for loans etc. Had no defaults, no debts apart from mortgage and a current 3 contract. I applied for an o2 contract for my girlfriend and they turned me down, rang 3 and was accepted straight away. Then again people I know who have had bad credit get approved by o2, sometimes I think it is just luck of the draw

Thanks for that, will wait and see.
lookingfordeals2013

Chances are it will get rejected. About five years ago I had a mortgage, … Chances are it will get rejected. About five years ago I had a mortgage, always paid on time. Credit cards being thrown at me left right and centre, pre approved by my bank for loans etc. Had no defaults, no debts apart from mortgage and a current 3 contract. I applied for an o2 contract for my girlfriend and they turned me down, rang 3 and was accepted straight away. Then again people I know who have had bad credit get approved by o2, sometimes I think it is just luck of the draw

Hmmmmm sales targets me thinks!
Tell him to run it through Carphone Warehouse, their credit criteria is lower, avoid Phones 4 U.
This happened with me on 02, all they did was ring me up, asked me my name and details and then said I was fine to go ahead with the contract! What a waste of a phone call!
I used to be really bad at paying for things and that, went to carphone about 5 years ago for a contract, they said only if I put down £150 deposit , which I got back after 6 months. It worked out well for me, but not everybody has £150 to put away for 6 months.
Original Poster
Well it was refused. Will try carphone warehouse thanks. Its a bit of a joke these days trying to do anything like open an acc etc. Too many policies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants