Groups
    EXPIRED

O2 Free iPhone Unlocking Question

Anyone else managed to get theirs unlocked?

I bought my iPhone PAYG about a month ago from Apple on the O2 network. Filled in the online form to get it unlocked. Didnt think I had a hope in hell though. Today, I received a text message telling me that my iPhone was now unlocked and that all I had to do was connect it to iTunes while online and that would be it completed.

Came home, connected the iPhone up to iTunes while online and voila...."Your iPhone is now unlocked." message appeared in iTunes!!!

and I didnt pay anything extra.....GET IN THERE!!! Cheers O2.

Although, to be fair, I have been a contract O2 customer for almost 2 years, but not on an iphone contract.

Happy Days Has anyone else managed to get theirs unlocked from O2 for free and how long did it take?

9 Comments

Off topic, but I am on O2 sim only contract. I am so pleased with network coverage, inclusive minutes/texts/internet, & their customer services that I am unlikely to change networks ever!!!

I sent them my information, they then sent me a text yesterday saying that they cannot unlock my iPhone.

Banned

I did the same with mine (though its not been connected to itunes to get that confirmation.) Did get the text though.

guv;6980788

I did the same with mine (though its not been connected to itunes to get … I did the same with mine (though its not been connected to itunes to get that confirmation.) Did get the text though.

same got the text.bt didnt get itunes msg.. :x

I did it when it was first announced and I got a message the day after saying they can't unlock it so I just filled out the form again and for some reason they unlocked it the 2nd time.

I got the text.

Anyone done it with Jailbroken?

The Therapist;6980653

Off topic, but I am on O2 sim only contract. I am so pleased with network … Off topic, but I am on O2 sim only contract. I am so pleased with network coverage, inclusive minutes/texts/internet, & their customer services that I am unlikely to change networks ever!!!

Same, I've been with them for close to 10 years though, when they were BT Cellnet.

Browni;6981267

I got the text.Anyone done it with Jailbroken?

yea mine was jailbroken (blackra1nd and blacksn0wd) i duno how to uninstall blacksn0w to check the unlock ? if any1 know show it

Banned

Thread closed as requested by OP. Thanks.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. www.disneycharms.co22
    2. Speccing a gaming pc11
    3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door67
    4. Gaming Monitor33

See more discussions