Groups

O2 Friends and family deal-- What happened?

Why was it deleted?

10 Comments

supermod

It's been temporarily spammed while we do some further background checks on the deal link. The OP has been contacted and we are awaiting feedback from them & the thread will be returned if everything checks out. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

it was a scam

Original Poster

Thanks for the update..

do a whois

Domain name: o2.co.uk Registrant: O2 Holdings Ltd … Domain name: o2.co.uk Registrant: O2 Holdings Ltd Registrant type: UK Limited Company, (Company number: 2604354) Registrant's address: 354 Buckingham Avenue Slough Berkshire SL1 4PF United Kingdom Registrar: TELEFONICA O2 UK LIMITED [Tag = O2-HOLDINGS-LTD] URL: http://www.o2.com Relevant dates: Registered on: 19-Nov-1997 Renewal date: 19-Nov-2011 Last updated: 16-Feb-2010 Registration status: Registered until renewal date. Name servers: dns0.02.net dns1.02.net dns2.02.net dns3.02.netDisclaimerWHOIS lookup made at 00:30:54 13-Apr-2010-- This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registryfor .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are: Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2010.You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permittedby the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, whichincludes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or itsrepackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removingor hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volumelimits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind theregister. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

why is this a scam. They have not asked forany bank details. I traced them to this site jajah.com/pro…ts/

o2 is owned by telefonica and so are these????

Banned

I posted a o2 deal a few weeks ago where quidco were offering £200 cashback on sim only contracts. Posted it twice, it dissapeared twice. Then someone else posted it and it dissapeared too. I then emailed the mods twice. Didnt get a response.

I think some deal hotuk made with o2 didnt get honoured by o2 so now the mods keep making the threads dissapear in an attempt to exert revenge.

supermod

Adnan786;8350868

I posted a o2 deal a few weeks ago where quidco were offering £200 … I posted a o2 deal a few weeks ago where quidco were offering £200 cashback on sim only contracts. Posted it twice, it dissapeared twice. Then someone else posted it and it dissapeared too. I then emailed the mods twice. Didnt get a response. I think some deal hotuk made with o2 didnt get honoured by o2 so now the mods keep making the threads dissapear in an attempt to exert revenge.

Cashback offers aren't classed as deals, as you still have to purchase the item (in this case at normal RRP) and then be a member of a particular cashback scheme to claim the benefit. Because of this they are always moved to MISC when attached to a RRP deal link - the MISC thread has been widely discussed however. Your duplicate posts would have been member spammed as duplicates hence the fact you didn't receive a MOD PM.

hotukdeals.com/ite…12-

Banned

sigma;8350882

Cashback offers aren't classed as deals, as you still have to purchase … Cashback offers aren't classed as deals, as you still have to purchase the item (in this case at normal RRP) and then be a member of a particular cashback scheme to claim the benefit. Because of this they are always moved to MISC when attached to a RRP deal link - the MISC thread has been widely discussed however. Your duplicate posts would have been member spammed as duplicates hence the fact you didn't receive a MOD PM.http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/641518/200-cashback-from-quidco-on-all-12-

Well i felt the need to post it 'again' as the first one was removed without explanation, so unless, going by your theory, someone who spammed did so on the hypothesis that i was going to create a another thread about it, once the thread dissapeared, then you would be correct. And thanks for responding to every message you get.

It all makes sense now why i just recieved an infraction from you. Policing some more vigourously then others must be great.

Oh and not "always"

hotukdeals.com/ite…584

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery44
    2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251372
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31125

See more discussions