Groups

o2 haggle mid contract?

I have recently found out that my friend is on o2 pay monthly, same as me, but pays £32.50 a month for unlimited calls and texts and 6gb data, which he bought directly through o2. he also has the latest model of Sony Xperia X. i am paying £32.95 a month for unlimited calls and texts and only 1gb data with the previous Sony Xperia z5. I got my contract through Carphone warehouse. I have just tried o2 online chat to see if I could increase my data limit without paying more. despite my best efforts explaining that my friend has a better phone, newer contract and gets more a month for less money they said they can't change my tariff without me paying more for more data. they suggested speaking to Carphone warehouse but I think that was just to get rid of me. is there anything I can do? is it worth phoning them? has anyone had a similar experience with any success?

9 Comments

you signed up to a (presumed) 24 month contract. they will get those 24 payments regardless so you don't have any leverage.

only options would be to pay off the contract and get a new one or pay more for a higher data allowance.
    Edited by: "adamspencer95" 5th Sep 2016

erm... thats how it works op

You can always pay the remainder of the contract off then do what your friend is doing, but as for a haggle mid contract, your in a contract so they have you by the ####

you haggle at the end of the contract not mid way you have no leverage at this time

Try calling them and tell them youve just had a new baby and are struggling theyll usually knock a few quid off. I do this every 6 months with my internet sky phone etc. If uve been with o2 for a while theyll do something for you

Banned

Call them up.

But your chances are pretty much zero

They pay Carphone Warehouse a commission to sign you up in the first place. You have no chance.

123batman321

Try calling them and tell them youve just had a new baby and are … Try calling them and tell them youve just had a new baby and are struggling theyll usually knock a few quid off. I do this every 6 months with my internet sky phone etc. If uve been with o2 for a while theyll do something for you

​that's disgusting and dishonest.

humadoon

​that's disgusting and dishonest.

​And fraudulent.. Don't forget fraudulent.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions