O2 iphone 4 orders being accepted over phone!

Just been on phone with O2 ( I am an existing customer) and asked them to give me a PAC code for cancelling my contract. Immediately I was asked what for, and once I replied to them that I wanted an upgrade and all O2 shops refused to give me one and I was planning on going to Tesco. I was put through to the retention team and given a new contract and they have already shipped my new phone!

Please remember this is for the existing O2 customers only!

10 Comments

Cool, will give it a shot after work

What was the deal offered?
Did they match tesco or just the standard prices they have on their website?

how long did you have left on your contract if you dont mind me asking?

Original Poster

berry333;8906081

What was the deal offered?Did they match tesco or just the standard … What was the deal offered?Did they match tesco or just the standard prices they have on their website?

I did try to haggle, but no luck. the manager came on phone and said I am afraid to d/t high demands cannot offer a better deal! said if I wanted the PAC code he would give it to me.

Original Poster

mark halsall;8906083

how long did you have left on your contract if you dont mind me asking?

I was due an upgrade on the 15th of July 2010.

Original Poster

JayBird;8906077

Cool, will give it a shot after work

Be aware I had to wait on the phone for upto 30 min, before they answered the phone! First go to cancellation option and then request for your PAC code and I am sure they will try not to loose you! The salesman clearly mentioned they had 100s in stock!

Just did my 2 contracts (mine and mrs) over the phone, took 2 minutes! Cheers

anyone tried this with vodaphone

I will add that for £59 I was offered extended warrenty which increased it from 12 months to 36, i said no but the chap did say i could buy it at a later date. Does that sound like a good deal?

MANJ_007;8907363

I will add that for £59 I was offered extended warrenty which increased … I will add that for £59 I was offered extended warrenty which increased it from 12 months to 36, i said no but the chap did say i could buy it at a later date. Does that sound like a good deal?

Equates to 12 months free and then 24 months @ £2.50 a month.

seems good to me
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders56
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763878
    3. What an absolute disgrace2147
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2446

See more discussions