Groups

O2 iPhone unlocking ?

I've just bought an iPhone locked to O2.

The guy I got if from has put in the request on the O2 site for unlock, but does his sim need to be in the phone for this to work ?

I know the unlock comes through itunes, but is it worked on the mobile number or the phone's IMEI ??

Anyone ?

8 Comments

The sim doesnt have to be in the phone

spitroast

Original Poster

Thanks Spit roast.

I had one unlocked from a request from the seller, it works from the imei number.

after 3weeks i rang o2 re the unlocking the said they were unable to unlock it as the sim was not in the iphone

basically if they have not unlocked it within 7 days then you're screwed

I am in the same situation, and asked for an unlock code, but the requestor got a message saying "We are unable to unlock your iphone"... What can I do now?

agmayu

I am in the same situation, and asked for an unlock code, but the … I am in the same situation, and asked for an unlock code, but the requestor got a message saying "We are unable to unlock your iphone"... What can I do now?

Jailbreak and use Ultrasn0w?

Stick o2 payg sim in it, make some calls with it to register the number to the phone then try again and pay the £15.

agmayu

I am in the same situation, and asked for an unlock code, but the … I am in the same situation, and asked for an unlock code, but the requestor got a message saying "We are unable to unlock your iphone"... What can I do now?

mosskeeto

Stick o2 payg sim in it, make some calls with it to register the number … Stick o2 payg sim in it, make some calls with it to register the number to the phone then try again and pay the £15.

Great, thank you for that. Time to get an O2 sim now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions