O2 network help

Found 29th Nov 2017
Anyone have an iPhone 8 on O2?

i bought the mobiles.co.uk iPhone 8 deal and having nothing but trouble.

2 requests to change my number with a pac code still havnt been completed but that’s not the issue.

i only have 1 bar signal and no data. Literally none, when it does pick up abit of speed to do a speed test i get 0.21MBPS.

put my EE sim in it from my iPhone 6 (number I’m waiting to be transferred) and I got an instant 4 bar signal and over 100mbps on my Speedtest (faster than my WiFi!).

phoned O2 and they don’t think theres a problem.

what speeds do you guys get? And how can I sort this?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
12mbit which i consider slow compared to 60 from 3UK
I would always go for the network with the best signal strength. Sounds like EE have better coverage than o2 where you're at. It's not really an issue with the phone but poor network coverage.

Check mobilephonechecker.co.uk/gui…ge/
I ordered the iphone x through mobiles.co.uk. Hope i dont have the same issue. Will let you know if i do, will be arriving tomorrow. I have not yet sent them my PAC code as i was waiting for my phone first. I'm moving from voda to O2. I hope things go smoothly.
superspeedy6 m ago

I ordered the iphone x through mobiles.co.uk. Hope i dont have the same …I ordered the iphone x through mobiles.co.uk. Hope i dont have the same issue. Will let you know if i do, will be arriving tomorrow. I have not yet sent them my PAC code as i was waiting for my phone first. I'm moving from voda to O2. I hope things go smoothly.

Didnt see an iPhone X deal or I would of got that instead.

regarding the pac code. You need to set up your new phone first then ring O2 (202) and they will sort it, apparently anyways. 2 times I’ve waited for mine. quite glad it’s not worked really or I wouldn’t have this EE sim to fall back on as my O2 one is next to useless at the moment. Personally think it’s a faulty sim
kester769 m ago

I would always go for the network with the best signal strength. Sounds …I would always go for the network with the best signal strength. Sounds like EE have better coverage than o2 where you're at. It's not really an issue with the phone but poor network coverage.Check https://www.mobilephonechecker.co.uk/guides/coverage/

Just used this, thanks.

according to that though. My area is a perfect spot. Shouldn’t be an issues with any form of connection where I am
matman05098813 m ago

Didnt see an iPhone X deal or I would of got that instead.regarding the …Didnt see an iPhone X deal or I would of got that instead.regarding the pac code. You need to set up your new phone first then ring O2 (202) and they will sort it, apparently anyways. 2 times I’ve waited for mine. quite glad it’s not worked really or I wouldn’t have this EE sim to fall back on as my O2 one is next to useless at the moment. Personally think it’s a faulty sim

I went for this deal with O2 mobiles.co.uk/app…e-x (not sure if you can see it).

Thanks for the info and head up....sounds like its quite a distressing time for you at the moment and technically you have already starting paying for it but you aren't getting your money worth. Hope it works out ok.
Edited by: "superspeedy" 29th Nov 2017
matman05098811 m ago

Just used this, thanks.according to that though. My area is a perfect …Just used this, thanks.according to that though. My area is a perfect spot. Shouldn’t be an issues with any form of connection where I am

Yeah that is weird as they're normally bang on with those. Probably worth asking neighbours as sometimes the transmitters are being worked on and there's a complete lack of communication in the company so customer service are the last to know.
I’ll phone them again tomorrow or pop into an O2 store and get them to try a different sim.

hopefully it’s just a faulty sim though and I’ve just read they can do a sim transfer which sounds simple enough
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants