Found 9th Jun 2009
I have a friend who works for mcdonalds, He has kindly provided me with 2 open codes for me and my girlfriend. Along with a copy of his employee card.

I would just like to confirm (from someone in the know) if the offer is still valid for family and friends?

Will I be able to use it in conjuction with the new iphone tarriff?

1. Misc
  2. O2
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. O2
13 Comments

if this is the code that gives you 30% off o2 contracts then as far as i know it applies to family and friends and my brother works for Walkers and i asked in the shop if I can use it and they guy said as long as you either have the code and a payslip or a card with a code and a paylsip the empylee doesnt have to be present.

My brother has used one so far and didnt get asked for his I.D. but suppose it depends on the staff in the shop

I know it works on all o2 contracts including the iphone 3G and cannot see why it wouldnt work on the new iphone 3GS unless o2 change the offer details as my brother is getting the iphone next week and I should be getting mine in the middle of august when my current contract finishes as cant be bothered paying for 2 contracts for 3 months

Original Poster

Brilliant

well I have a copy of the employee card, and the open code. So hopefully that shall be enough fingers crossed

thanks for the help

charvelj;5449662

Brilliant :)well I have a copy of the employee card, and the open code. … Brilliant :)well I have a copy of the employee card, and the open code. So hopefully that shall be enough fingers crossedthanks for the help

No worries mate

Looking at getting the £44.05 contract myself which should come out around £31 a month but looking at only taking it over 18 months but then have to pay £87 for the handset as you can get it for free on the 24 month contract but dont fancy having the same phone for 2 years

Banned

It's valid for 30% discount for friends and family. However, make sure you call and make sure its been applied. They often, erm, overlook it!

guv;5449862

It's valid for 30% discount for friends and family. However, make sure … It's valid for 30% discount for friends and family. However, make sure you call and make sure its been applied. They often, erm, overlook it!

Good advice:thumbsup:
I asked them if NHS was one of the companies and they were unsure but said we can try it for you but could end up paying full price so didnt bother and now going to use my brothers code instead

Banned

NFS;5449889

Good advice:thumbsup:I asked them if NHS was one of the companies and … Good advice:thumbsup:I asked them if NHS was one of the companies and they were unsure but said we can try it for you but could end up paying full price so didnt bother and now going to use my brothers code instead

One of the codes I gave to a member here was never applied and others I've given, they've had to chase up. Strangely mine and my missus went through fine. (They probably reaslised I'd give them hassle if they didn't!) :w00t:

Original Poster

guv;5449862

It's valid for 30% discount for friends and family. However, make sure … It's valid for 30% discount for friends and family. However, make sure you call and make sure its been applied. They often, erm, overlook it!

What company provided you with the code ?

thanks for all the help guys yeah £44 down to the £30 is a bargain - im not sure whether to do that or the £35 down to £23.90. theres only £3 difference over the 18 months.

Banned

charvelj;5451489

What company provided you with the code ?

The company I work for!

Original Poster

which is ? lol

Ive just thought, if I signed up for the £44 package with the 30% discount applied it would equal £30.80. (the 16gb phone would cost £87)

Would i then be able to change tarrif down to the original £35 contract (after 9 months) with the discount applied which would equal £23.90. ?

If so it would be a grand total of £579 for the 18th months including the phone.

Banned

charvelj;5451745

which is ? lolIve just thought, if I signed up for the £44 package with … which is ? lolIve just thought, if I signed up for the £44 package with the 30% discount applied it would equal £30.80. (the 16gb phone would cost £87)Would i then be able to change tarrif down to the original £35 contract (after 9 months) with the discount applied which would equal £23.90. ?If so it would be a grand total of £579 for the 18th months including the phone.

Yes. You can reduce the taffif down after 9 months. its exactly what I did (or should say will do). signed up with a 16GB 3G at approx £31 per month with 1200 mins. The difference in the cost of the phone over increased costs, meant its cheaper to go for the dearer taffif and have more free minutes.

Original Poster

yep my thoughts exactly, so i will be doing that first thing on friday 19th :-D woop

Banned

charvelj;5453254

yep my thoughts exactly, so i will be doing that first thing on friday … yep my thoughts exactly, so i will be doing that first thing on friday 19th :-D woop

The choice is pay £63 more over 9 months - but get an extra 600 minutes.....

Or..... pay £100 more upfront and get 600 minutes less!!

Doesn't take Einstein to work out which is the best deal.

I have the same plan... but I make out the total to be £580.47.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Bean to cup machine22
    2. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2739
    3. Cex snes mini price1328
    4. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…22

See more discussions