o2 Priority Moments for all networks. Free. Android Smartphone Users

Found 27th Sep 2012
Hi all, first deal, not really a deal but more of a work around

Ever wanted to get an o2 priority moment deal but was on Orange or Vodafone... well now you can!

All you need is an android smarphont, a free o2 sim... and thats it:

Get free o2 Sim:
freesim.o2.co.uk

1. Insert sim into your phone
2. Install the o2 priority moments APP
3. Launch app and follow confirmation steps (all free no top up required)
4. Switch off phone, re-insert your regular network sim (my case virgin)
5. Switch on phone, run the o2 app... hey presto it works.

I can only confirm it works on:

Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 - Vodafone normal network.
HTC One X - Virgin normal network

Good luck.

o2priority.co.uk/mom…nts
Community Updates
20 Comments
Thanks. Will give it a go tonight
Thanks OP. Will order a free Sim than try this. Thank for sharing.
done this for ages, should work on any device that can load the app, you can even use the o2 sim from another phone and just use the code it sends on the phone with the app.
Original Poster
athunder

done this for ages, should work on any device that can load the app, you … done this for ages, should work on any device that can load the app, you can even use the o2 sim from another phone and just use the code it sends on the phone with the app.

Google Play store will not let you download the App unless you are on o2 network. So for the app download/installation you need to ensure the o2 sim is in the phone.
zakhaque

Google Play store will not let you download the App unless you are on o2 … Google Play store will not let you download the App unless you are on o2 network. So for the app download/installation you need to ensure the o2 sim is in the phone.

O'rly.......

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UO4729mgegI/UGR0G9kAVWI/AAAAAAAACV8/Lvw33VumtL8/s481/20120927_164243.jpg

(And the phone's an Orange S2)
Hmmm even with SIM removed it still won't let me do this on my S3... On Google Play it identifies my phone as T-mobile
What are priority moments? Is it worth doing?
Edited by: "sancho1983" 6th Oct 2012
Cool tip! Wonder how long it'll take before they close this loophole?
Just tried it with no sim and it didn't work
Works on my ace 2 thats been rooted.

As for is it worth it: depends on how often you go to events that they offer, also it allows to access to tickets (24 hours i think) before the general public
Banned
I'll give it a try.
My priority has a free terrys chocolate orange from WHsmiths today.
Ordered a Sim and will give this a go
Thanks for this, there are some cracking offers on O2, now I no longer have to miss out (fingers crossed)
Tried this last night, I put the O2 Sim in 3 devices and loaded the app and everything worked however after 10 mins the app stopped working and asked to be re-registered

Maybe I need one Sim per device?
Does this still work? (I own a LG 3 if models matter)
Does not work on EE locked phone even with sim out FAIL!
Going to try this now
Banned
kobirulali

Going to try this now

Looks like you're 3 1/2 years too late! But look forward to finding out how you got on in 2019!
365pizza

Looks like you're 3 1/2 years too late! But look forward to finding out … Looks like you're 3 1/2 years too late! But look forward to finding out how you got on in 2019!

​i had a Honor 7 dual sim. Had the o2 app as bad it as 2nd sim to my three. Anyway i took o2 out as needed micro SD (silly hybrid slot!) and app still worked. Got update notification to update app but didn't in case they fixed the bug. Anyway kept a backup of the old apk which i planned to use on S7.....but my sim was micro sim not nano! Will try one from shops
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants