Groups

O2 Refresh not letting me unlock phone is this new to stop people doing this

Hello I have just bought a phone under contract from O2 and was going to unlock and then cancel the contract.
    However for the last two days I have not been able to unlock the phone, I keep getting the message "This information is not available at the moment. Please try again later.".
    Has O2 stopped people doing this.
    Thank you for your help.

16 Comments

Call them?

Hey what phone is it and what does it come up to?

In my experience, the device plan must be paid off first, give them a call and they will do it, I've never been able to unlock the device using the App. I've successfully done it online when filling in the form but it ms easier to do it on the phone when I pay off the device

Speak to o2 chat and tell them you want to unlock it. They'll go through security and then give you two options, they'll do it or you can fill in a form. Ask them you'd like to do it and once filled it should be done within 24hours. Then cancel your contract and pay the remainder.

Original Poster

optimus_prime2

Hey what phone is it and what does it come up to?

Samsung s7 edge £419 plus free speaker maybe, not that good a deal but my wife wanted the phone and that was the cheapest way to buy it at the moment.
    Edited by: "Barbarian" 5th Jan

Had something similar happen years ago. Called up to cancel contract at the end of the term then found out that they locked the handset. Crafty ****.

Same happened to me. Ask the unlock via live chat. I unlocked it just fine.

Original Poster

ellenw

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-47868-_-blank-_-blank&awc=3235_1482934884_57adc70e498069ad747b5b453fd543b3&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-47868-_-blank-_-blank&awc=3235_1483006841_7944fc340260e224bb3831a077b7d698

Thank you for the link. However the answer was we will get back to you within 28 days. I was hoping to get it unlocked within a couple of days.

Barbarian

Samsung s7 edge £419 plus free speaker maybe, not that good a deal but my … Samsung s7 edge £419 plus free speaker maybe, not that good a deal but my wife wanted the phone and that was the cheapest way to buy it at the moment.

Hey I tried checking deals yesterday and cheapest was coming upto £460

done 3 of these, definitely you do not have to have paid off the device plan before unlocking.
    I had a similar hiccup on the first one and customer services sorted straight away.
    On the same transaction, forgot to cancel direct debit after final bill was received and paid, O2 took a couple of hundred quid out of my account. Got it back immediately using Direct Debit Guarantee,. No further problems, but do remember to cancel the DD when everything is paid for.
    Other two phones were no hassle.

Barbarian

Thank you for the link. However the answer was we will get back to you … Thank you for the link. However the answer was we will get back to you within 28 days. I was hoping to get it unlocked within a couple of days.

I had my code within hours, I think filling unlock form out is quickest.

Original Poster

optimus_prime2

Hey I tried checking deals yesterday and cheapest was coming upto £460

Its still £419.99 pay 59.99 upfront and £18 per month airtime

Original Poster

ellenw

I had my code within hours, I think filling unlock form out is quickest.

Thank you. I will give it a day and if nothing happens I will phone.

Original Poster

mr_geese

Same happened to me. Ask the unlock via live chat. I unlocked it just … Same happened to me. Ask the unlock via live chat. I unlocked it just fine.

Thank you
    I did today and it has worked. Not got the code yet but was told everything is ok and will be unlocked in the next 7 days.

Barbarian

Thank you I did today and it has worked. Not got the code yet but was … Thank you I did today and it has worked. Not got the code yet but was told everything is ok and will be unlocked in the next 7 days.

You should have it in a couple of days
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Good Sim only deals??510
      2. Tiny white mites in bedroom and living room HELP333549
      3. Now tv entertainment passes11
      4. Best laptop for a budget of £700?22

See more discussions