o2 retentions, is it just me or have they gotten really crap?! - any tips on getting a good deal?

23 replies
Found 8th Oct 2009
As above really.
Trying to negotiate an upgrade to o2 atm but the retentions deals they are offering me seem really crap.
Does anyone have any tips on getting a better deal?
I'd ideally really like to get the samsung galaxy or perhaps an iphone if i can get a good deal? (Doubtful i know!)
Can anyone help or share experiences?

Thanks in advance

1. Misc
  2. O2
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. O2
23 Comments

I got 1000 minutes, 800 texts, unlimited 02 to 02 calls, a nokia 5800 all for £15 a month

pinkkitty2007;6517639

I got 1000 minutes, 800 texts, unlimited 02 to 02 calls, a nokia 5800 all … I got 1000 minutes, 800 texts, unlimited 02 to 02 calls, a nokia 5800 all for £15 a month

I got short changed then 2 days ago from a £35 contract to ----- 300xnet mins 600 txts and unlimited o2 > o2 for £15 30 day [rolling] simplicity tariif

What was I thinking accepting that.

Any offers based on your spend over the last 6 months. If you haven't spent much you won't get a great offer. They look to cover the cost of the handset you want over the term. The phones aren't really 'free' you know...

steve1221;6517790

Any offers based on your spend over the last 6 months. If you haven't … Any offers based on your spend over the last 6 months. If you haven't spent much you won't get a great offer. They look to cover the cost of the handset you want over the term. The phones aren't really 'free' you know...

There not really £500 either

dontasciime;6517838

I would fully agree with that. But they do cost something (sometimes far more than they're worth...)

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;6517639

I got 1000 minutes, 800 texts, unlimited 02 to 02 calls, a nokia 5800 all … I got 1000 minutes, 800 texts, unlimited 02 to 02 calls, a nokia 5800 all for £15 a month

how did u do that?! what did u have to say?!

Also, what was your spend 6 months before upgrade?

Original Poster

steve1221;6517790

Any offers based on your spend over the last 6 months. If you haven't … Any offers based on your spend over the last 6 months. If you haven't spent much you won't get a great offer. They look to cover the cost of the handset you want over the term. The phones aren't really 'free' you know...

damnit!!!

I've been on 20pound per month simplicity for like 5 months..........!!!
Didnt think it'd affect my upgrade so much

czar.nik;6517910

damnit!!!I've been on 20pound per month simplicity for like 5 … damnit!!!I've been on 20pound per month simplicity for like 5 months..........!!!Didnt think it'd affect my upgrade so much

I doubt you'd be in much better a position than a new customer if you didn't already have a 18/24 month term!

czar.nik;6517888

how did u do that?! what did u have to say?!Also, what was your spend 6 … how did u do that?! what did u have to say?!Also, what was your spend 6 months before upgrade?

My spend was hardly anything. Last year they offered me 500 mins, 500 texts and £100 credit for £10 a month so after the £100 credit, i only paid £20 for the year. This year i said i was gonna cancel as id lost my job and they said would i stay if they sorted me out a deal based on the same amount of money. I said ok and they told me to choose a handset i liked which was the nokia 5800. They said i could have a package with the phone discounted to £10 a month but i would have to pay £50 for the handset or i could have a better package discounted to £15 a month and get a free handset which is what i went for. I thought it was a great deal at the time. My other half tried cancelling his and got offered to go on simplicity and he took it! I was initially offered simplicity but turned it down, which is when i got the great deal im on now

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;6518050

My spend was hardly anything. Last year they offered me 500 mins, 500 … My spend was hardly anything. Last year they offered me 500 mins, 500 texts and £100 credit for £10 a month so after the £100 credit, i only paid £20 for the year. This year i said i was gonna cancel as id lost my job and they said would i stay if they sorted me out a deal based on the same amount of money. I said ok and they told me to choose a handset i liked which was the nokia 5800. They said i could have a package with the phone discounted to £10 a month but i would have to pay £50 for the handset or i could have a better package discounted to £15 a month and get a free handset which is what i went for. I thought it was a great deal at the time. My other half tried cancelling his and got offered to go on simplicity and he took it! I was initially offered simplicity but turned it down, which is when i got the great deal im on now

damn!!!

how do you do it?!!?

How long have you been with o2?

Do you reckon just mentioning the deal you got would get me anywhere?

czar.nik;6518124

damn!!!how do you do it?!!?How long have you been with o2?Do you reckon … damn!!!how do you do it?!!?How long have you been with o2?Do you reckon just mentioning the deal you got would get me anywhere?

I have been with them a few years now, dont know whether that has anything to do with it or not. You just have to make em believe you are gonna leave and get them to convince you to stay. Mind you, it didnt work when i tried to bluff sky into cancelling, they just let me cancel!!

dontasciime;6517838

my 3G S 32GB is.

t0mm;6518606

my 3G S 32GB is.

:w00t: Show off

t0mm;6518606

my 3G S 32GB is.

£299's worth at most, memory is cheap, as are digital cameras, get a phone for a fiver

I paid £579.99 for 1 of my sim free nokia n95's a couple of years ago don't mean they are or were worth that though.

Mmm A white iphone for £538, tempted :lol

Original Poster

dontasciime;6518951

£299's worth at most, memory is cheap, as are digital cameras, get a … £299's worth at most, memory is cheap, as are digital cameras, get a phone for a fiverI paid £579.99 for 1 of my sim free nokia n95's a couple of years ago don't mean they are or were worth that though.Mmm A white iphone for £538, tempted :lol

agreed. though the iphone is amazing and definitely tempting......

but its not like its much better than android or windows mobile at the moment.

Original Poster

any one got any more advice????

czar.nik;6519695

any one got any more advice????

Yeah don't wipe your bum with the same hand you'll be using to eat your marmite crisps with.

i get 600 mins,unlimited texts,unlimited internet. £20 a month.

Banned

The agent I rang admitted she had all the best deals the other networks were offering in front of her

Original Poster

lumoruk;6520709

The agent I rang admitted she had all the best deals the other networks … The agent I rang admitted she had all the best deals the other networks were offering in front of her

so what does that mean? they'll match it or no? :s

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6520414

i get 600 mins,unlimited texts,unlimited internet. £20 a month.

which phone is that with? or just simplicity?

czar.nik;6521246

which phone is that with? or just simplicity?

t-mobile.

Banned

czar.nik;6521242

so what does that mean? they'll match it or no? :s

It means you have to do some finger work. Look for the best offer then tell them about it.

Oh and i got the best deal when i asked if they had any refurbished phones.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57587
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions