O2 Returns - Unable to Contact Returns Department for Faulty Phone

Posted 14th Apr
TL;DR: Ordered a faulty phone from O2. Now I have no way to return it as their automated phone service refuses to help. When I do get through to a person they don't help either.

I ordered the 'Like New' Samsung S10+ from O2 after spotting the deal on here (placed the order 10 days ago). The phone's camera is faulty as it refuses to focus. I've tried all of the suggested solutions that I can find online and I'm certain it's faulty.

O2's website states 'If you ordered your device or accessory online or over the phone, contact us to arrange an exchange.' However, when I try ringing them it turns out they are only accepting calls from people planning to leave their contracts; anything else isn't important enough. I've pretended that this is the reason for my call but when I do talk to someone they say they can't help and direct me back to the number I tried ringing on!

Understandably I know they're busy, but does that just mean i'm stuck with a faulty phone until things calm down? Has anyone else had this problem or had any luck? Or does anyone have any suggestions? :-)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Email the CEO contact details should be listed here ceoemail.com
I received this text message a couple of hours ago so highly doubtful you will get someone on the other end of phone to deal with your faulty purchase...says to try my o2 if customer or their website...I have a faulty item to return to argos but was told their not excepting faulty items or returns at the moment and would need to wait until stores reopen!

Our customer service centres are severely restricted. Please only call us in urgent circumstances so our lines are free for those who need help most. We appreciate your support during this difficult time. You can manage your account and get all kinds of help on My O2 or o2.co.uk
Quote from post..."Ordered a faulty phone from O2" why are you complaining then
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions