Groups

O2 system update

I tried get my PAC code today from O2. For whole day I get same answer: System is updating and I need wait few hours.
    Please see below encryption of last chat with O2:
    nfo: Welcome to O2, someone will be with you soon.
    info: You are through to Nat
    KATARZYNA: How do I get my pak code as I m leaving o2
    NAT: Hi.
    KATARZYNA: Hi Nat
    NAT: My name is Nat.
    NAT: Unfortunately, right now our systems are getting upgraded therefore we are unable to check your account details.
    NAT: We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience. We deeply value your relationship with O2.
    KATARZYNA: When system will be ready
    NAT: We would suggest you to contact us after few hours and we will be happy to assist you.
    KATARZYNA: I tried this morning and two times more today
    NAT: We are open until 11.00 P.M.
    KATARZYNA: and I get back same answer
    KATARZYNA: You have problem with system all day?
    NAT: Well, we are upgrading the system and it might take a few more hours.
    NAT: It is not an issue that we are facing, but we are upgrading things within O2.
    NAT: Really sorry for the trouble.
    KATARZYNA: When system start be updated?
    KATARZYNA: How many hours this normally taken?
    KATARZYNA: ?
    NAT: I do not have any update on this.
    NAT: Request to contact us in sometime and check.
    KATARZYNA: Can you send me PAK code by text on my number when system will be ready?
    NAT: I am really sorry I will not be able to do so without verify the account due to security reasons of the account.
    KATARZYNA: Where I can find any information about O2 system update?
    NAT: You can try to contact us in sometime and check.
    NAT: There is no specific time that we have been given and hence I will not be able to comment on this.
    KATARZYNA: This is problem all day today so must be some information on website
    NAT: Well, there isn't any update on the website.
    KATARZYNA: I never heard that big companies as O2 doing system updating all day
    KATARZYNA: O2 have system problem and customer s cant find any information anywhere??
    NAT: It should be done in sometime.
    NAT: I am really sorry for the trouble.
    KATARZYNA: So you cant help al 02 customers today because you can get any account information??
    KATARZYNA: *all
    NAT: That is correct.
    KATARZYNA: So where is any information for customers?
    KATARZYNA: What point is tried contacting you ?
    KATARZYNA: All day?
    NAT: Once the upgrading is done we will be able to help our customers.
    KATARZYNA: Why customers isnt informed about this?
    KATARZYNA: How you can help me today?
    KATARZYNA: I can find only what is your name?
    NAT: I can help you with any generic information.
    KATARZYNA: And system is updating;)
    KATARZYNA: Great!
    KATARZYNA: Just give this information before contacting, put info on the main website
    KATARZYNA: any generic information I can find on website;)
    NAT: Katarzyna, I really want to help you and all the customers.
    KATARZYNA: How?? ;))
    NAT: I can only do this once the systems are upgraded and when I can access account.
    KATARZYNA: ;))
    NAT: I am sad to tell you that I will not be able to give a PAC on this chat.
    KATARZYNA: Give this information on website: We can only do this once the systems are upgraded and when I can access account
    KATARZYNA: Are you sure tomorrow morning I get my PAC code?
    KATARZYNA: I need save this chat and put this information on O2 facebook fan page.
    NAT: Yes, If the systems are up then nothing can stop us from giving you the PAC.
    KATARZYNA: When this will be done?
    KATARZYNA: You must have some info
    NAT: Try to contact us in a few hours and please check.
    NAT: No we do not have any specific time that is given.
    KATARZYNA: Are you sure tomorrow morning I get my PAC code?
    NAT: Yes I am sure that we can generate a PAC for you provided the systems are up and running.
    NAT: I hope I have answered all your questions today and you are happy with the chat service. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with?
    KATARZYNA: I heard that system will up to date in few hours in the morning now is 5pm and I still get same answer;)
    NAT: Katarrzyna, I have done the best I could for you and I wish I could have done better than I have.
    KATARZYNA: Can I publish this encryption of this chat on o2 facebook page?
    NAT: That is your decision.
    KATARZYNA: Thanks for be very helpful.
    NAT: I cant stop you from doing so.
    NAT: You are welcome.
    KATARZYNA: Have a good rest of day
    NAT: I will.
    info: Katarzyna has left the chat
    info: Nat has ended the chat

10 Comments

Have you tried phoning?

Call Ofcom and register a compliant - a PAC must be issued within 2 hours of request, so a PAC system upgrade should allocated and complete within such timeframe - would expect a system upgrade to be done outwith customer services opening hours for this reason. Lodge a complaint with Ofcom against o2.

ask.ofcom.org.uk/hel…PAC

I had the same problem. I eventually had to phone them and request my PAC code. Even then it took days to switch, I was only moving from PAYG to contract and I had to call them again. Good luck!

Original Poster

Cozworth806

Have you tried phoning?

I tried few times today - same answer- system error;)

Original Poster

seaniboy

Call Ofcom and register a compliant - a PAC must be issued within 2 hours … Call Ofcom and register a compliant - a PAC must be issued within 2 hours of request, so a PAC system upgrade should allocated and complete within such timeframe - would expect a system upgrade to be done outwith customer services opening hours for this reason. Lodge a complaint with Ofcom against o2.http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/PAC

Thanks mate

salvkus

Thanks mate

No worries. A Ofcom complaints reference no, then submitting a complaint to o2 with ref no usually sees it treated with more gusto from a telco (email below). Let us know how you get on

complaintreviewservice@o2.com
    Edited by: "seaniboy" 26th Feb

Is there a question in there somewhere or are you just telling us. You dont seem very polite during your chat requests, a system update is a once every now and again thing what have you got to complain about just try again later

Edited by: "ding" 26th Feb

Go into 02 and request a phone call you can pick what time is suitable for you and they will phone back

I had similar issues with them recently when I was trying to get an o2 refresh deal paid off, then calling back for cancelling the airtime. I just rang back the next day

Original Poster

ding

Is there a question in there somewhere or are you just telling us. You … Is there a question in there somewhere or are you just telling us. You dont seem very polite during your chat requests, a system update is a once every now and again thing what have you got to complain about just try again later

How many times I can try? I was very polite on first few times but after I was disappointed. O2 is a big company so should be informed customers about any system updating that is take a full day, Any way I understood that must be happened once every but system upgrade should be done outwith customer services opening hours for this reason.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue35
      2. Are smart parking limited legitimate44
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)511
      4. Virgin Media - what is a good price?614

See more discussions