Groups

Oak Furnitureland. Any way for discounts?

Mrs has decided on about £2K worth of furniture from Oak Furnitureland. It's one of those places that the prices are always the same, yet they claim it's a sale. They even tell you it's only on for a few more days! Anyway, wouldn't budge on price in the shop. Any known way to a discount? Thanks

8 Comments

Don't know of any money off vouchers but remember to use quidco or TopCashback. Every little helps.
    Edited by: "1234321" 2nd Jun

I don't know of any discounts but the exact same furniture is available from other retailers cheaper. Oak furniture world springs to mind. I bought a couple of pieces last year which they had but I got cheaper off Amazon.

I would walk away from them they have had many bad reviews on watchdog and I've personally had a damaged product delivered and it took months of hassle to get a new one which was also damaged

I've got 16 items of oak furniture land furniture. I was really worried when I read the reviews but have never had a problem. Except 1 item had a knock in it when delivered but within a week they had sent someone to repair it (it can't be seen) and 10% off the item.

They work on commission- try haggle

Original Poster

thanks everyone

No matter what shop it is, any salesman will be able to offer you at least 10% When pushed !

Original Poster

Not sure if anyone's interested but even with a £2k multiple item spend the store would not budge from their prices. There's a gift package of over priced accessories... up to £300 accessory if you spend £1500, but they would not budge on giving us 2 items totalling 245. Also, if you don't want their delivery slot, they are happy to charge you another 40 quid for the privilege of getting your furniture. Totally surprised they won't throw in anything. So basically no deals over and above what you see, might even get charged more for delivery at a time and date that suits you. Quite shocked, most places are at least a bit flexible. Walked away.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery89
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876395
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31126
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542

See more discussions