Obama 'wins' 'Nobel 'peace' prize' . .

54 replies
Found 9th Oct 2009
what a shambles, he's been in office 2 minutes. he claimed gitmo'll be closed within 6 months - its still open. he's bombing more of s.e Asia - what a joke.

you couldn't make it up. my bet's on mugabe for next year . .

US President Barack Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

The Nobel Committee said he was awarded it for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

There were a record 205 nominations for this year's prize.

The laureate - chosen by a five-member committee - wins a gold medal, a diploma and 10m Swedish kronor ($1.4m).
- choc1969

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
54 Comments

what did he do?

he called Kanye West a Jerk

hassony;6523596

he called Kanye West a Jerk

that gets my vote :thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

It's no big deal.

Mandela won it before...........and he was a terrorist.

Banned

Who would the OP have preferred?

i heard bush was 500-1 - then putin was 250-1

obama? piling more troops into afghanistan (not getting into the reasons why!) gets a PEACE prize?
hmm...

i'm with OP for mugabe next year.

this time next year rodney...

-radishnet

lol he's gangsta of the world now

I have more objection that Desmond Tutu and Yasser Arafat have been winners

Captain Birdseye.

Hes done more for peas than Obama.

Banned

radishnet;6523622

i heard bush was 500-1 - then putin was 250-1obama? piling more … i heard bush was 500-1 - then putin was 250-1obama? piling more troops into afghanistan (not getting into the reasons why!) gets a PEACE prize?hmm...i'm with OP for mugabe next year.this time next year rodney...-radishnet

Working towards a nuclear free world, opening up greater diplomatic channels with nations...

He can't just pull troops out of Afghanistan, he can't just close Gitmo....he was dealt a bad hand and he has to deal with it responsibly.

Some people:roll:

Syzable;6523602

It's no big deal.Mandela won it before...........and he was a terrorist.

Mother Teresa as well, and she is responsible for many deaths

splatsplatsplat;6523647

Captain Birdseye.Hes done more for peas than Obama.

That made me giggle.

Political correctness gone mad again

boothy;6523668

huh?

Banned

hassony;6523679

huh?

It's okay - he doesn't understand what 'political correctness' is:thumbsup:

the guy who invented dynamite won the Nobel Peace Prize too

FilthAndFurry;6523687

It's okay - he doesn't understand what 'political correctness' … It's okay - he doesn't understand what 'political correctness' is:thumbsup:

and you're yabba

Alfonse;6523697

the guy who invented dynamite won the Nobel Peace Prize too

http://barfblog.foodsafety.ksu.edu/gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg

Original Poster

Syzable;6523602

was he ? :roll:

choc1969;6523631

I have more objection that Desmond Tutu and Yasser Arafat have been … I have more objection that Desmond Tutu and Yasser Arafat have been winners

and why would that be ?

Original Poster

boothy;6523668

aye . . erm . . sorry what ??

Sloth/Mod

rugger-tyke;6523722

was he ? :roll:

No need for the role of the eyes.............brush up on your history. He was. :thumbsup:

rugger-tyke;6523722

was he ? :roll:and why would that be ?

Not rising to your game mate, not into arguments on here anymore. Have made my statement,

Byeeeeeeee ;-)

rugger-tyke;6523731

aye . . erm . . sorry what ??

work it out.....

I an outta here,have a good day everyone:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable;6523739

No need for the role of the eyes.............brush up on your history. He … No need for the role of the eyes.............brush up on your history. He was. :thumbsup:

maybe you'll explain why. he stood up against the terrorist apartheid regime, and he's a terrorist ?. besides that being the opinion of thatcher, what's your own view ?
choc1969;6523741

Not rising to your game mate, not into arguments on here anymore. Have … Not rising to your game mate, not into arguments on here anymore. Have made my statement,Byeeeeeeee ;-)

you made a nonsensical statement, back it up. must be a sheltered life you live if this is a 'game'. :thinking:

rugger-tyke;6523722

was he ? :roll:and why would that be ?

lol voted lame

choc1969;6523741

Not rising to your game mate, not into arguments on here anymore. Have … Not rising to your game mate, not into arguments on here anymore. Have made my statement,Byeeeeeeee ;-)

boothy;6523762

work it out.....I an outta here,have a good day everyone:thumbsup:

'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter' or something

hassony;6523787

'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter' or something

drink and poison actually

FilthAndFurry;6523650

Working towards a nuclear free world, opening up greater diplomatic … Working towards a nuclear free world, opening up greater diplomatic channels with nations...He can't just pull troops out of Afghanistan, he can't just close Gitmo....he was dealt a bad hand and he has to deal with it responsibly.Some people:roll:

Have to agree with you on this one.

rugger-tyke;6523772

maybe you'll explain why. he stood up against the terrorist apartheid … maybe you'll explain why. he stood up against the terrorist apartheid regime, and he's a terrorist ?

He was at one time he co-founded and became the head of the armed wing of the ANC.

They commited acts of sabotage and planted bombs in which innocent people died.

He also admitted later that the ANC had violated human right.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ela

Original Poster

barneydog;6523889

He was at one time he co-founded and became the head of the armed wing of … He was at one time he co-founded and became the head of the armed wing of the ANC.They commited acts of sabotage and planted bombs in which innocent people died.He also admitted later that the ANC had violated human right.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela#Anti-apartheid_activities

Sloth/Mod

barneydog;6523889

He was at one time he co-founded and became the head of the armed wing of … He was at one time he co-founded and became the head of the armed wing of the ANC.They commited acts of sabotage and planted bombs in which innocent people died.He also admitted later that the ANC had violated human right.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela#Anti-apartheid_activities

Don't give him facts barney...............it interferes with his anti-western propaganda.

I noticed also you've highlighted on your quote the bold..................hence why i said he was a terrorist. Not is.

Original Poster

Syzable;6523935

Don't give him facts barney...............it interferes with his … Don't give him facts barney...............it interferes with his anti-western propaganda.I noticed also you've highlighted on your quote the bold..................hence why i said he was a terrorist. Not is.

:?

Highlighting the "He was a terroist" makes no difference to the arguement he was a terrorist and that is exactly what Sy said

Syzable;6523602

The fact that isn't now makes is irrelevant to that

if they wanted maximum publicity for their award they probably should have went with jordan, obama couldn't even get chicago the olympics.

Original Poster

barneydog;6523989

Highlighting the "He was a terroist" makes no difference to the arguement … Highlighting the "He was a terroist" makes no difference to the arguement he was a terrorist and that is exactly what Sy saidThe fact that isn't now makes is irrelevant to that

'was a terrorist' at the time he received the award ?

the fact that obama has won it - when he's created more destruction than the previous clown, hardly makes him deserving of a 'peace' award. as for his sound-bites on nuclear weapons, we'll see how fairly he discriminates on that front.

[QUOTE][the fact that obama has won it - when he's created more destruction than the previous clown/QUOTE]:?:?:?

Original Poster

ants97;6524012

if they wanted maximum publicity for their award they probably should … if they wanted maximum publicity for their award they probably should have went with jordan, obama couldn't even get chicago the olympics.

i'd give it to andy strauss for calling back mathews in the recent ICC trophy - look at the ensuing international furore he avoided by doing so . . :-D

Original Poster

[QUOTE=jasonrat;6524046]

[the fact that obama has won it - when he's created more destruction than … [the fact that obama has won it - when he's created more destruction than the previous clown/QUOTE]:?:?:?

allowing drones into Pakistan, killing thousands more . .

rugger-tyke;6524027

'was a terrorist' at the time he received the award ?the fact that obama … 'was a terrorist' at the time he received the award ?the fact that obama has won it - when he's created more destruction than the previous clown, hardly makes him deserving of a 'peace' award. as for his sound-bites on nuclear weapons, we'll see how fairly he discriminates on that front.

do you really believe that?

pakistan is one of the biggest terrorist camps out there
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Rewview sites33
    2. 3 Spotify family places available22
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)96194
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769271

See more discussions