surely too good to be true?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Banned

just a misprice, phone them up

01442 828 605

not a scam site, but any site can show a misprice, it may also be a dodgy way to get traffic some search comparison site

Deffo - no contact address or telephone number and a gmail address. Steer Clear

Original Poster Banned

well the site has a few dodgy prices on it like a macbook for £200

Banned

j9mcl;8078852

Deffo - no contact address or telephone number and a gmail address. … Deffo - no contact address or telephone number and a gmail address. Steer Clear

well you just have to look harder

72 High St
Tring
HP23 4AF
United Kingdom

however

maps.google.co.uk/map….09

its not on the google maps as a computer shop

Scamtastic! No contact details, lack of company information, ridiculous cheap prices, crap site. Avoid!

jubbyme;8078862

well you just have to look harder 72 High St Tring … well you just have to look harder 72 High St Tring HP23 4AF United Kingdomhoweverhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=72+High+St+Tring+HP23+4AF&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=72+High+St,+Tring,+Hertfordshire+HP23+4AF,+United+Kingdom&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.793215,-0.664235&panoid=2XLS1hGOpF2ihW3GjU7AJg&cbp=12,347.31,,0,4.83its run out of a thresher wine shop...

Well I have searched the site and under contact us it only comes up with that gmail address. Too dodgy for me

Looks like a one armed 5 year old designed their website.

Banned

I agree they are not particularly an attractive proposition to give my money to.

I wouldn't deal with them either

Original Poster Banned

jubbyme;8078862

well you just have to look harder 72 High St Tring … well you just have to look harder 72 High St Tring HP23 4AF United Kingdomhoweverhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=72+High+St+Tring+HP23+4AF&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=72+High+St,+Tring,+Hertfordshire+HP23+4AF,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.793375,-0.663592&spn=0.000987,0.00284&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.793414,-0.663431&panoid=R3MuIf4iUOc20Fk9F1Ktlg&cbp=12,334.83,,0,-8.09its not on the google maps as a computer shop

beat me too it with a little research :thumbsup:

mr.potato_head;8078906

Looks like a one armed 5 year old designed their website.

I concur

The laptopworldShop is hosted by GroovyCart Ltd

the address and telephone number is just for the Site Host .. not the shop/seller

Surely under distance selling regulations you must provide an address and telephone number?

Couldn't you just buy on a credit card and if anything goes wrong you're covered?

I'm tempted to buy all 4 and see what happens!!

Banned

Wise man once say: "If it look like a scam and smell like a scam then a scam it must be"

If you look at the FAQ these are second hand, therefore the price is probably correct. And most likely a man who reconditions laptops and sells them on, which is probably why it doesnt show a computer shop as it may be a residential property.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q As the products are all second hand are they checked before advertising and are they in good condition?
A all products are tested prior to advertising and only mini laptops and standard laptops in excellent condition will be sold.

We give shops a rating based on their activity, previous orders and other factors. This shop has been given a 1 star rating. This page shows how this rating was derived.

groovycart.co.uk/car…ing

Original Poster Banned

Shellywelly;8081734

If you look at the FAQ these are second hand, therefore the price is … If you look at the FAQ these are second hand, therefore the price is probably correct. And most likely a man who reconditions laptops and sells them on, which is probably why it doesnt show a computer shop as it may be a residential property.Frequently Asked QuestionsQ As the products are all second hand are they checked before advertising and are they in good condition? A all products are tested prior to advertising and only mini laptops and standard laptops in excellent condition will be sold.

well the U130 is a very recently released product, on this site claims to be reduced from £115. i don't think anyone with right mind would refurbish a product which is selling for £150 minumum refubished for half of that.
Post a comment
@
    Text