Ocado.com temporary closed until Saturday

Lead deal editor16
Posted 18th Mar
Hey folks, just a heads up if thinking of doing a online shop over the next few days..

Access temporarily closed to Ocado.com

Like all supermarkets, we are working round the clock to keep up with high demand and make sure all of our customers get what they need at this time – especially those more vulnerable and in isolation.

As a result, we have made a decision to temporarily close access to Ocado.com so you will not be able to edit an existing order or book a new delivery for the next few days.

This temporary closure will allow us to complete essential work that will help to make sure distribution of products and delivery slots is as fair and accessible as possible for all our loyal customers.

We are fully booked for the next four days. If you have a delivery booked for Thursday or Friday, cut-off times for editing these orders have already passed, but your driver will still arrive as expected.

Customers with an existing order booked for delivery from Saturday onwards will be contacted later this week with details of how to edit their orders. We will reopen the website to all customers from Saturday.

We are very sorry to cause any inconvenience. We’re managing a simply staggering amount of traffic to our website right now and more demand for products and deliveries than we can meet. Our first priority has to be to keep our service up and running and to play our part in feeding the nation.

I'd also like to take this chance to thank our amazing drivers and warehouse staff who are working tirelessly to deliver groceries to as many people as possible in these uncertain times. Their dedication and hard work is truly amazing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding at these unprecedented and challenging times.
Community Updates

Groups

16 Comments
Yeah we do the weekly shopping from them online and I had a text today reminding they are not going to let us make any amendment to the order from today due this.
mixmixi18/03/2020 17:22

Yeah we do the weekly shopping from them online and I had a text today …Yeah we do the weekly shopping from them online and I had a text today reminding they are not going to let us make any amendment to the order from today due this.

Luckly mine is next week, so will be able to amend... Otherwise i'd end up with about 10 cases of beer or whatever
Edited by: "Dan_82" 18th Mar
Dan_8218/03/2020 17:24

Luckly mine is next week, so will be able to amend... Otherwise i'd end up …Luckly mine is next week, so will be able to amend... Otherwise i'd end up with about 10 cases of beer or whatever

LOL Ours is on Fridays. I wonder how chaotic everything is turning into. They must have gotten loads of orders that is beyond what they can handle.
I logged on to amend my order last night, the was over 8000 people in front of me!
rusky18/03/2020 20:42

I logged on to amend my order last night, the was over 8000 people in …I logged on to amend my order last night, the was over 8000 people in front of me!

Wow! When i logged on it was nearly 6K, i thought that was bad!
I edited mine last night thank god or else I would have had 1 bottle of champagne delivered! 😬
Minor issue blown out of proportion. Supply chain is perfectly fine, there is plenty to go around.
When I logged on this morning there were over 11,000 people waiting in the queue with a wait of over 2 hours.
Pilsbury1218/03/2020 21:46

When I logged on this morning there were over 11,000 people waiting in the …When I logged on this morning there were over 11,000 people waiting in the queue with a wait of over 2 hours.

Holy cow!

Expect some changes once it comes back online, maybe limits on items.
Edited by: "Dan_82" 18th Mar
We do use Ocado on a fairly regular basis usually, but I'm not waiting for 2 hours behind 9,500 people to do a weekly shop, the world has gone bloody mad.
Apparently some friends of ours were at Costco at the weekend and there was a 3 hour queue just to get in!
bobdylan18/03/2020 22:39

Apparently some friends of ours were at Costco at the weekend and there …Apparently some friends of ours were at Costco at the weekend and there was a 3 hour queue just to get in!

Same as my local, was crazy

People queueing for ages, seemed to go in for miles!
Pilsbury1218/03/2020 21:46

When I logged on this morning there were over 11,000 people waiting in the …When I logged on this morning there were over 11,000 people waiting in the queue with a wait of over 2 hours.

I've seen the queues as high as 16,000+.
I have an order to be delivered on Saturday, how can I edit it before then ? As I have not finished adding groceries yet
KJ454719/03/2020 22:19

I have an order to be delivered on Saturday, how can I edit it before then …I have an order to be delivered on Saturday, how can I edit it before then ? As I have not finished adding groceries yet

States in OP Ocado should contact you for deliveries Saturday onwards.

Might be worth trying to contact customer service but I guess it'll be a long wait 😣

Let us know how you get on and good luck!
Edited by: "Dan_82" 19th Mar
KJ454719/03/2020 22:19

I have an order to be delivered on Saturday, how can I edit it before then …I have an order to be delivered on Saturday, how can I edit it before then ? As I have not finished adding groceries yet

You cant. Hopefully you will get everything you ordered
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants