Occulus questions - before we buy

Posted 1st Jan
Ok just tried one of these today - great fun! Before we buy have a few questions. Quest is better than Rift right? There seems to be 128 or 64 choice (though both seem pretty difficult to come by) - what do you lose if you go for 64 - do some games not play?
Also is there any ability to "game share" between different goggles - like game sharing between x boxes within a household?
Thanks .
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
You lose nothing by going for 64gb except space for games. I opted for 128gb because I thought in the long run I didn't want to be deleting games to make way for others. Personally I'd always choose the 128gb as as it gets more popular,better games will be released that undoubtedly will consume more memory. You can't game share presently and btw I'm selling mine soon. Had it since August and it now collects dust .
Burkos01/01/2020 21:37

You lose nothing by going for 64gb except space for games. I opted for …You lose nothing by going for 64gb except space for games. I opted for 128gb because I thought in the long run I didn't want to be deleting games to make way for others. Personally I'd always choose the 128gb as as it gets more popular,better games will be released that undoubtedly will consume more memory. You can't game share presently and btw I'm selling mine soon. Had it since August and it now collects dust .

How come you not used it and selling, it not lived up to your expectation? I admit when I first got mine I was expecting a big leap forward than my old PSVR, graphics and game wise, was a bit disappointed at first, but it quickly grew on me, and some of the games still give me the "wow" factor, think it's a a bit steep at £400 though ..
I've owned the Rift, Quest & Rift S in that order. I returned the Quest as once the initial wow of being cordless wears off the games are very stripped down versions of what is possible on PCVR or PSVR, obviously that is to be expected as it's basically running off a 2yr old processor designed for mobile phones. The ability of the Quest to now connect to a gaming PC obviously now makes the Rift S seem pretty redundant.
The rift connects directly to your pc using your pcs power to run and the quest basically has a tiny computer inside of it making it wireless, also with the rift you have more choice for games as you can buy them off steam and many more launchers. The quest only uses the oculus store
malnuman01/01/2020 23:47

How come you not used it and selling, it not lived up to your …How come you not used it and selling, it not lived up to your expectation? I admit when I first got mine I was expecting a big leap forward than my old PSVR, graphics and game wise, was a bit disappointed at first, but it quickly grew on me, and some of the games still give me the "wow" factor, think it's a a bit steep at £400 though ..

It just doesn't wow me anymore. It is good ,that can't be denied but it's very solitary. For me ,I have a wife and daughter and even if they're doing something else ,it feels very strange to put this headset on and shut myself off to them.
It almost has to be a shared experience. I get more satisfaction actually watching other people on it having the wow than I do actually playing on it now.
I paid 499 and found every game I was purchasing ,I was playing for a bit and then thinking,I probably won't play that again,so I'll get my money back for it,and subsequently that's what I did.

I know friends and family are gonna be shocked when they find out im selling it after such a small period of time but 500 quid is a good amount of wonga and I think I'd much prefer (having now experienced the "wow") to spend that 500 on a shared experience with my family.
Burkos02/01/2020 05:39

It just doesn't wow me anymore. It is good ,that can't be denied but it's …It just doesn't wow me anymore. It is good ,that can't be denied but it's very solitary. For me ,I have a wife and daughter and even if they're doing something else ,it feels very strange to put this headset on and shut myself off to them. It almost has to be a shared experience. I get more satisfaction actually watching other people on it having the wow than I do actually playing on it now. I paid 499 and found every game I was purchasing ,I was playing for a bit and then thinking,I probably won't play that again,so I'll get my money back for it,and subsequently that's what I did. I know friends and family are gonna be shocked when they find out im selling it after such a small period of time but 500 quid is a good amount of wonga and I think I'd much prefer (having now experienced the "wow") to spend that 500 on a shared experience with my family.

Exactly my thoughts!
If you are going to commit to the quest (64 or 128 gb),look on EBay,pcworld/Dixon’s 15% off codes come up now & again,I saved £50 on a brand new 128gb
(BTW my son has both psvr & quest &each has their own merits & drawbacks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions