Expired

Octagon Car Insurance

Found 28th Feb 2013
Had anyone had any experience with Octagon car insurance? They keep coming up as the cheapest in price comparisons but I have never heard of them.
Community Updates
12 Comments
Just being doing quotes - they were £293 and lloyds tsb were £153 so a long way from cheap for me!
If you are using sites like confused, and compare the market then I would say there is almost 0 chance of them not being legit.

You really think that companies of the size of these two would risk their reputation and brand name they have spent millions developing would throw it away on a dodgy insurance company?
Just had a quick look on google and on the review centre they have 1.5 out of 5 with 151 reviews. Think I'll dodge them.
Octagon are legit, I had the same concern initially, I had no problems, I didn't have to make any claims though.

I'm with them and there's been no hassle, but like the other poster, I haven't had to make a claim.
deleted57959

all the insurance companies are like that, even Aviva and Churchill etc … all the insurance companies are like that, even Aviva and Churchill etc people only review to complain.

This is true, Who likes insurance companies? legalized scammers.
was with them last year. very good at dealing with my claim had my courtesy car dropped off 30 miles from my home address.
no issues at all.
They are an absolute nightmare if you have to claim, its near impossible to speak to a human being and when you do finally manage it after an hour sat on a 0844 line they are clueless and fob you off with a promise of a callback that never materializes.

From experience spend that little bit more, I wish I had.
I've been with them and i'm back with them again. No problems. English call center..

Only thing i needed them to do for me in the past was change over my insurance to another car and they did so no fuss and sent me a cover note to the email of the dealer. His 7 day insurance through aviva wouldn't work.

Only reason i left was for a cheaper quote for service xk whatever who were crap and had double excess and charged through the nose for a change of address.
iv just joined them too. saving me £100 + . note guys my insurance for my self female was £600+ so i added my male partner saving £200 hi didnt use his no bonus etc on my policy, do you have to tell them about his accident he had on his car
sofiasar

iv just joined them too. saving me £100 + . note guys my insurance for my … iv just joined them too. saving me £100 + . note guys my insurance for my self female was £600+ so i added my male partner saving £200 hi didnt use his no bonus etc on my policy, do you have to tell them about his accident he had on his car

If it asks something like "Has the addition driver made any claims" Then yes you do.
jonny619447

If you are using sites like confused, and compare the market then I would … If you are using sites like confused, and compare the market then I would say there is almost 0 chance of them not being legit. You really think that companies of the size of these two would risk their reputation and brand name they have spent millions developing would throw it away on a dodgy insurance company?

google do it with a lot of their product price searches showing really dodgy companies as the cheapest

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants