Expired

October Half Term week - holiday rip off as usual

7 replies
Found 8th Sep 2009
Been looking all over for a reasonable package or flight even to somewhere hot.
As it's school holidays (last week in October) the prices go through the roof.

Has anybody with better searching skills than me found anything affordable for this week or can point me to any good holiday sites please.

7 Comments

I presume you are wanting to go abroad?
If you have tried the usual suspects
bmibaby easyjet ryanair jet2.com etc ( It's a little
late now to find a cheap flight, generally these are cheaper
booked 6-9 months in advance!! )
without success it's worth having a look
at P&O. I was on there website yesterday and it's quite
inexpensive to take a "minicruise" during october half term

I've also been looking but to no avail. Even places in this country like centerparcs are ridiculously expensive (>£1000 for 4 nights). I have tried all the usual places that have got me bargain holidays but everything seems sky high.

[COLOR="Purple"]try holidays4u.. they go to turkey..[/COLOR]

your having a giraffe half term again !!!!! I'm going to have a check as mine have only gone back this week !

Thomson Sunday 25th Oct - Sun 1st Nov from Doncaster Sheffield to Benidorm staying at the Hotel Regente half board free child with 2 adults £782.00
Just come back from this hotel and loved it.

Kikimay;6242013

Thomson Sunday 25th Oct - Sun 1st Nov from Doncaster Sheffield to … Thomson Sunday 25th Oct - Sun 1st Nov from Doncaster Sheffield to Benidorm staying at the Hotel Regente half board free child with 2 adults £782.00Just come back from this hotel and loved it.

Its £1180 for 2 adults and 2 children. Also the flight lands at 1.40am on the MOnday morning and by the time I'd get home it would be around 4am & back to school 5 hours later! I'm sure it might be of some use to someone, but for the last few years I've booked earlier with Ryanair and gone to Alicante dirt cheap, booked a hotel seperately with THomson ( or whoever) and never paid more than £600 for Half board.

I think 2 nights in York will have to do this year and next year I'll be sure to book early.

If the children are young(ish) maybe you can do something like get a tent and put it in the garden for the kids to sleep in whilst you can either join them or enjoy the adult time inside the house? They could have their friends round and a bonfire with marshmallows if the weather is a bit cooler. I know, not what you wanted but another idea, could you ship the children off to their friends or family for a few days and go away without them after the half term?
Unfortunately it's the old saying 'book early to avoid disappintment', but so much for the recession meaning holidays abroad are less popular and as a result much cheaper - loads of places are booked up.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75865
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…99
    4. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88

See more discussions