Octopus Energy Agile gone up fair amount this week

Posted 12th Aug
I switched january so have been enjoying fairly cheap electric as the prices was super low most of the time bewteen 5-7p and just the small 20p for 4-7.

This week it has completly changes, now its 10p all days and then peak time 30p!

Got a feeling with my usage I might be better off with a diffrent tariff, I can see pretty easily if i'd be better off yesterday I was 30% saved, today is the first day it has been so high so will see tommorow if its time to go back to static
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I'm considering a switch to this tariff for the sake of our EVs, but I'm a little cynical of it as they don't publish today's/tomorrow's rates on their website. Why not? If it's so good, put the daily rates on the website.
Yes, there's a download of last year's rates, but that's not relevant today.
Edited by: "terriclarkfan" 12th Aug
terriclarkfan12/08/2020 09:43

I'm considering a switch to this tariff for the sake of our EVs, but I'm a …I'm considering a switch to this tariff for the sake of our EVs, but I'm a little cynical of it as they don't publish today's/tomorrow's rates on their website. Why not? If it's so good, put the daily rates on the website. Yes, there's a download of last year's rates, but that's not relevant today.

Go on your phone and look for octopus agile apps

There is a few that can tell you
Octopus Tariff App
Go into settings and choose the region
Edited by: "MT2045" 12th Aug
We have had a fairly windy start to the year so prices have been lower. Currently the weather (at least in the North East) is fairly calm and dull so renewable / cheap electricity is hard to come by.

I'd imagine once we have a few storms it'll pick up again.

terriclarkfan we have 2 EVs and a hot tub and on our last bill averaged 6p pkwh across all of our usage.
tucka2012/08/2020 11:46

We have had a fairly windy start to the year so prices have been lower. …We have had a fairly windy start to the year so prices have been lower. Currently the weather (at least in the North East) is fairly calm and dull so renewable / cheap electricity is hard to come by.I'd imagine once we have a few storms it'll pick up again.terriclarkfan we have 2 EVs and a hot tub and on our last bill averaged 6p pkwh across all of our usage.

Thanks was bit concerned as pricey today are very expensive
Gumbon12/08/2020 12:04

Thanks was bit concerned as pricey today are very expensive

Even assuming 10p pkwh all day and 30pkwh for a full 3 hours, the weighted average rate is only 12.5p. Cheaper than your average fixed rate still
tucka2012/08/2020 12:29

Even assuming 10p pkwh all day and 30pkwh for a full 3 hours, the weighted …Even assuming 10p pkwh all day and 30pkwh for a full 3 hours, the weighted average rate is only 12.5p. Cheaper than your average fixed rate still

Sure but the more kWh can be seen in that window it's hard to avoid it
Post a comment
@
    Text