Oculus are giving a $15 store credit ( or currency equlivent) because if the disprution using the rift yesterday. Please read below for more info

Found 8th Mar
We've just released an Oculus software update that fixes an issue where Rift may fail to start up. If you're receiving the error “Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service,” you'll need to manually update your Oculus software before you can use your Rift.

To patch your Oculus software, you'll need to download 'OculusPatchMarch2018.exe' at oculus.com/rif…ch/. Run the executable, and select “Repair”. When the update is finished, launch the Oculus desktop app to continue the update process. Once the update is complete, you'll be able to use your Rift.

A step-by-step walkthrough is available here: support.oculus.com/217…29/

A manual update is only necessary if you're unable to start the Oculus desktop app - if you aren't seeing an error, the system will update itself to the new version automatically.

We’re very sorry for the disruption today. We’re providing a $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) to people impacted by this issue. If you used Rift on or after February 1st, 2018 this credit will be added to your account automatically within the next 7 days. See this page for info about Oculus Store credits.

Sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thanks for choosing Rift.

- The Oculus Team

Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
This will be going towards lone echo
Wow, very kind of them. I'll wait for the next sale I think
Only if you've got a rift though sadly
I have an oculus account and use revive but no credit for me I think
Mine still isn't working properly. As soon as I opt out of the beta to get the W7 version back I get the error and have to reinstall and... back to the beta version. Bet I don't even get the credit lol.
Shengis7 h, 12 m ago

Mine still isn't working properly. As soon as I opt out of the beta to get …Mine still isn't working properly. As soon as I opt out of the beta to get the W7 version back I get the error and have to reinstall and... back to the beta version. Bet I don't even get the credit lol.

Have you downloaded the patch?
Stephen24078 h, 16 m ago

Have you downloaded the patch?

Yep. As its W7 I had to bypass the KB check as well to get it to install. It 'works' but I would rather have the version running thats more W7 compatible.
Well my rift works, i'm up £11 in credit and today Virtual Rickality is finally on sale. Happy days
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants