Oculus Link Upgrade

Posted 22nd Feb
I'm going to upgrade my 10ish year old desktop to play Half-Life: Alyx with a Quest. Case is still fine, and I replaced the PSU recently so I think will also be fine - it's a decent modular PSU.

I was thinking of getting:
Ryzen 5 3600 (£160)
ASUS TUF AMD B450 PRO GAMING ATX Motherboard (£81)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (£195)
2 * Crucial 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM Memory (£60)

Does this look like a reasonable setup? I'm on a budget, so can't go for anything too fancy. Just something that's going to do a reasonable job of playing the game.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I know that the ram is way to slow
Ah yes, just checking the CPU and it needs 3200MHz.
Have you checked your case can take an atx motherboard?
I'm pretty sure that's what it has in there now. It's a Cooler Master case of some description, and also fairly modular. Case is also relatively new - last 5 years - as I swapped over the bits as it has better sound insulation.
TheStainlessSteelRat22/02/2020 18:47

I'm pretty sure that's what it has in there now. It's a Cooler Master case …I'm pretty sure that's what it has in there now. It's a Cooler Master case of some description, and also fairly modular. Case is also relatively new - last 5 years - as I swapped over the bits as it has better sound insulation.

Worth double checking as the age of the case will make no difference to whether it's atx or matx. Both sizings have been around for years.
Change of plan. I think I'm going to buy a built machine from CCL and swap the drives from the old machine over. My main system drive is a Samsung SSD cclonline.com/pc/…05/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants