Oculus Quest 2 £299 (£399.00 for 256gb) @ Oculus.com

Posted 16th Sep
Oculus Quest 2 - Available to order NOW. Delivery 14th October
oculus.com/que…-2/

256GB @Amazon
amazon.co.uk/gp/…sc=
Community Updates
Top comments
Probably nice tech and price, but I wouldn't touch anything that involves logging into a Fakebook account.
96 Comments
Sooooooo tempted!
Probably nice tech and price, but I wouldn't touch anything that involves logging into a Fakebook account.
Bargain! Wonder if can change delivery address afterwards though as moving soon. Assume be available amazon etc too in due course too. Just see this but assume specs are as leaked. Amazing if true.
I bought my Quest 4 months ago, knowing it night get replaced soon, but I wanted it to keep me sane during covid. Wasn't expecting the new version to be cheaper thus ruining selling and upgrading though
sidesey16/09/2020 18:57

Bargain! Wonder if can change delivery address afterwards though as moving …Bargain! Wonder if can change delivery address afterwards though as moving soon. Assume be available amazon etc too in due course too. Just see this but assume specs are as leaked. Amazing if true.

Connect 7 is live now, everything is as leaked.
So what's the low down on fb sign in? Is there any way round this.....I dont want my 'nature' videos being uploaded to my fb account
Edited by: "argt7" 16th Sep
If you're worried about the FB login... Just make an account that you only use for the Quest?
Tempted also, good entry price for the 64gb, but its not looking good for me hoping to sell my 1st gen Quest, prob looking at £200 now.
I’m going to hang onto my 1 I think, but anyone looking to part ways and upgrade, CEX haven’t adjusted prices yet and are still offering £276 for the 64GB original in B grade
You can lock in the price for 3 days for store drop off or 14 days posting
Mandatory Facebook account required... deal breaker for me.
I had the original quest but returned it as it was £400, and the camera positions were odd. When playing Beat Saber over head swings could be hit or miss just due to if you tilt your head away from the sensor and would end up not registering. These new camera locations would fix that.

As well with the lower price point, this would be a nice additon.
Should I keep my Valve Index order or cancel an order this?? Any advice?
Does buying a quest become expensive if you buy games for it , what’s the love of a game before you get bored and want to try another
Sorry for the stupid question but could someone tell me how this is played ? Via a pc or wireless, etc? For my son & I don't have a clue. Thanks
0m4d16/09/2020 19:17

I’m going to hang onto my 1 I think, but anyone looking to part ways and u …I’m going to hang onto my 1 I think, but anyone looking to part ways and upgrade, CEX haven’t adjusted prices yet and are still offering £276 for the 64GB original in B grade

I'm wondering what they'll class as B and C condition. Despite looking after 64gb headset and only having it for 5 months, the controllers have scratches and the face mask is marked, just through normal wear and tear. I'm assuming it'll get graded as C, but that's not bad at £250, considering the Quest 2 is £299.
Think despite not needing 128gb this time around, games will get bigger so I'll go for the 256gb headset.
redzer22316/09/2020 19:43

Sorry for the stupid question but could someone tell me how this is played …Sorry for the stupid question but could someone tell me how this is played ? Via a pc or wireless, etc? For my son & I don't have a clue. Thanks

Its all in one so can be played by buying games via the headset and downloading them to the headset itself.

However, there is the option to plug it into a PC to play games via that, but you need a very high powered PC to take advantage of that option.
EyesWeThink16/09/2020 19:28

Should I keep my Valve Index order or cancel an order this?? Any advice?

Essentially different devices for a different audience, if the high fidelity all singing all dancing features that have you tethered to your VR capable PC aren't a problem to you, then go for the Index. It's what I'd do if I could spare the expense.

If portability, less fiddling with wires and base stations not to mention the standalone ability to play without a VR ready PC are more important to you then the Occulus would be the way to go, though I understand you can connect the Quest to a PC with a (sold seperately) cable for the more exotic VR games if you should wish but the index would be the better option if that was the sole purpose imo.

As an entry point into VR the quest is pretty ace though, needing a FB account is enough to put me off.
garryallen16/09/2020 19:07

The Ars Technica review of this is essential …The Ars Technica review of this is essential readinghttps://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/review-we-do-not-recommend-the-299-oculus-quest-2-as-your-next-vr-system/

Think I’ll stick to my version 1 quest!
0m4d16/09/2020 19:18

You can lock in the price for 3 days for store drop off or 14 days posting

How does it work online, they were asking for bank transfer, do I drop it off at store and they pay me a few days later straight into my bank?
redzer22316/09/2020 19:43

Sorry for the stupid question but could someone tell me how this is played …Sorry for the stupid question but could someone tell me how this is played ? Via a pc or wireless, etc? For my son & I don't have a clue. Thanks

It's a standalone unit that can play games without needing to be tethered to a VR ready PC. So it's pretty ace in that regard. Also doesn't require base stations to work either. If, in the future you'd like to play the more exotic VR games such as Half Life: Alyx you can buy a cable and hook it up to a more powerful PC to handle the visuals etc etc. Flexible device and definitely a good prospect for the money.
I was hoping Amazon would offer the 5 monthly payments option
paulcdf16/09/2020 19:47

Its all in one so can be played by buying games via the headset and …Its all in one so can be played by buying games via the headset and downloading them to the headset itself.However, there is the option to plug it into a PC to play games via that, but you need a very high powered PC to take advantage of that option.

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. I'll go with this one, he asked for the ps4 vr set but I think this seems better. Thanks again.
malnuman16/09/2020 19:56

How does it work online, they were asking for bank transfer, do I drop …How does it work online, they were asking for bank transfer, do I drop it off at store and they pay me a few days later straight into my bank?

Online you print a label and send it in the post. They check it over and transfer the money to you if they agree with your grading.
Otherwise they let you know they're downgrading it and will pay you less, or send it back to you.
Dice616/09/2020 19:56

It's a standalone unit that can play games without needing to be tethered …It's a standalone unit that can play games without needing to be tethered to a VR ready PC. So it's pretty ace in that regard. Also doesn't require base stations to work either. If, in the future you'd like to play the more exotic VR games such as Half Life: Alyx you can buy a cable and hook it up to a more powerful PC to handle the visuals etc etc. Flexible device and definitely a good prospect for the money.

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. I'll go with this one, he asked for the ps4 vr set but I think this seems better. Can I ask it is going to be battery powered or charging cables ? Thanks again.
Dice616/09/2020 19:55

Essentially different devices for a different audience, if the high …Essentially different devices for a different audience, if the high fidelity all singing all dancing features that have you tethered to your VR capable PC aren't a problem to you, then go for the Index. It's what I'd do if I could spare the expense.If portability, less fiddling with wires and base stations not to mention the standalone ability to play without a VR ready PC are more important to you then the Occulus would be the way to go, though I understand you can connect the Quest to a PC with a (sold seperately) cable for the more exotic VR games if you should wish but the index would be the better option if that was the sole purpose imo.As an entry point into VR the quest is pretty ace though, needing a FB account is enough to put me off.

Great, thanks for your reply
paulcdf16/09/2020 20:03

Online you print a label and send it in the post. They check it over and …Online you print a label and send it in the post. They check it over and transfer the money to you if they agree with your grading.Otherwise they let you know they're downgrading it and will pay you less, or send it back to you.

Oh, thanks, I did click drop off at store though, and it came up with that bank transfer page,
malnuman16/09/2020 20:05

Oh, thanks, I did click drop off at store though, and it came up with …Oh, thanks, I did click drop off at store though, and it came up with that bank transfer page,

Ah sorry, I misread your message. I've never used drop off at store so not too sure how that works.
paulcdf16/09/2020 20:06

Ah sorry, I misread your message. I've never used drop off at store so not …Ah sorry, I misread your message. I've never used drop off at store so not too sure how that works.

Thanks, no worries, i just wondered why they need all my bank details if I plan on dropping it off.. I don't want to post it..
mcek16/09/2020 18:55

Probably nice tech and price, but I wouldn't touch anything that involves …Probably nice tech and price, but I wouldn't touch anything that involves logging into a Fakebook account.

Has no one heard of creating a fake Facebook account?? It takes literally a few minutes. Lord above.
Azwipe16/09/2020 19:15

Will try for myself, can always return if (and it's a big if) the review …Will try for myself, can always return if (and it's a big if) the review is accurate.https://www.engadget.com/oculus-quest-2-review-vr-facebook-headset-173026291.htmlhttps://www.theverge.com/21437674/oculus-quest-2-review-features-photoshttps://www.ign.com/articles/oculus-quest-2-reviewhttps://www.polygon.com/reviews/2020/9/16/21437762/oculus-quest-2-review-virtual-reality-vr-facebook-oculus-power-resolution-tracking

I think most of those reviews concede that the system has issues. I definitely won't be upgrading from my Gen 1 though.
malnuman16/09/2020 19:56

How does it work online, they were asking for bank transfer, do I drop …How does it work online, they were asking for bank transfer, do I drop it off at store and they pay me a few days later straight into my bank?

Yeah, I did it not long after lockdown finished for the clutter I’d cleared out of cupboards. Literally walked in just after opening, gave them the reference and stuff, got an email later that day saying accepted with a digital copy of the receipt and was paid not long after
Nealjane10016/09/2020 19:55

Think I’ll stick to my version 1 quest!

Here we go. Quest 1 owners trying to downplay this version.

There is nothing in that review that concerns me. I never play close to 2 hours on my quest. Battery doesn't concern me. If you want a more comfortable fit for the strap then order the Elite strap.

That review is just stupid. The Quest 2 is an insane piece of kit for £300 and trust me, it'll be sold out for ages.
Edited by: "cossy3" 16th Sep
garryallen16/09/2020 19:07

The Ars Technica review of this is essential …The Ars Technica review of this is essential readinghttps://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/review-we-do-not-recommend-the-299-oculus-quest-2-as-your-next-vr-system/

It's really not
0m4d16/09/2020 20:27

Yeah, I did it not long after lockdown finished for the clutter I’d c …Yeah, I did it not long after lockdown finished for the clutter I’d cleared out of cupboards. Literally walked in just after opening, gave them the reference and stuff, got an email later that day saying accepted with a digital copy of the receipt and was paid not long after

Thanks, i just went through the checkout and did it, will drop my Quest off tomoz, do I need to box it all up like i would if i was posting it or just take it in the original box my Quest was in ? Just orderd my new Quest as well
malnuman16/09/2020 20:09

Thanks, no worries, i just wondered why they need all my bank details if …Thanks, no worries, i just wondered why they need all my bank details if I plan on dropping it off.. I don't want to post it..

You take it to store in a box with your name, contact number and order number on (which you get when you finalise the details on the app) and they test it in store either same day or as soon as they can. You give the bank details so there's less hanging around in store and get paid once testing is done. Any issues they will call you on the number you wrote on the box. I did the same but for credit last week. Hope that helps
Quick question, taking my Quest in tomoz to CEX, do I need to just reset it to factory settings to wipe everything?
Do amazon take payment on dispatch or preorder?
Post a comment
@
    Text