Oculus Rift

Found 12th Mar
Hi,

I’m looking for some honest views on Oculus Rift from someone that owns it. I currently have a VR capable gaming laptop with 16gb of RAM and a GTX1070 GPU.

I’ve never tried VR and am drawn between the Oculus or the PSVR. It’s something that I would be using with my two kids (aged 9 & 12) so variety of games is important.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
8 Comments
It’s rather mind blowing to be fair, brought a tear to my eye as it genuinely feels like you are in the game- one of the most amazing experiences I have had. Downside is I get awful motion sickness from the vr games that have any kind of fast movement, and makes me feel nauseous and dizzy for hours. I literally can’t put it back on- the thought of it makes me wanna vom
Edited by: "shepademus" 12th Mar
Hi shepademus, thanks for taking the time to respond. Are there any must have games or games to avoid. Kids really want Minecraft but I’ve read that the motion sickness is particularly bad with this game.
It's weird because we use ours at work for virtual tours, and my colleagues are fine with it. But for me the movement in the tours is like being a hovering ghost and it feels like i can feel the velocity of the movement, giving me intense vertigo. Minecraft might be the same as the physics are very light and unrealistic.

Not really able to give any recommendations on games as we have only played the free games and the ones we got with the Oculus. All fun distractions but nothing i'd want to sit and play for hours.
Thanks for coming back to me again.
We have an oculus DK2 and a Dell mixed reality set - my kids think they are great. Did take a bit of fiddling to get everything working well on steam.

Current fav game is subnautica.

There are loads of vr capable games on steam. I need to sort out setting up elite and ETS2.
Cheers mas99 will take a look at those games. Borrowing Rift off a friend to check the headset as I’m a glasses wearer and there have been some comments about the comfort. Assuming that’s ok I’ll order at the weekend.
It's better then you probably imagine it to me, it's "Mind-blowing"
If you wear Glasses its uncomfortable to wear (playable but not comfy)
without glasses it fits on easy and I think it's good comfort, just be aware if you or your child needs glasses

Still needs tons of improvements but its still great, definitely choose Oculus Rift over PSVR
Edited by: "Norseg" 13th Mar
bwlmog3 h, 14 m ago

Cheers mas99 will take a look at those games. Borrowing Rift off a friend …Cheers mas99 will take a look at those games. Borrowing Rift off a friend to check the headset as I’m a glasses wearer and there have been some comments about the comfort. Assuming that’s ok I’ll order at the weekend.

The Comfort isn't that bad with Glasses but if you try to use it without glasses (it will look super blurry)

I recommend you get contacts (or lazer eye surgery) because in these situations it makes you realise that needing glasses is one of the worst disabilities
Edited by: "Norseg" 13th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants