Oculus Rift Promo Code

Found 17th Dec 2013
was thinking about ordering an oculus rift as a xmas pressie to myself, and was going to pay via paypal. when I select paypal, a box appears asking for a promo code. im assuming this provides some sort of discount.

anybody have or know what the code is, and what sort of discount it offers?
Community Updates
MiscOculus
18 Comments
Banned
Are you deekys wife? X)
Original Poster
no idea who deeky is, and im male.

so don't really understand your comment, but im sure there is a joke in there somewhere

Banned
Deedie

no idea who deeky is, and im male.so don't really understand your … no idea who deeky is, and im male.so don't really understand your comment, but im sure there is a joke in there somewhere

He is just a regular user here

As for the code, well, it could be anything really. It may be for people who have gift vouchers to use or perhaps they are running a promo where a certain code will get you a % off the price. I have no idea if there are any codes about though.
Banned
I would wait until the consumer version is released if i was you unless you're a dev.
Original Poster
I tried searching on google about it with no luck. so im going to hang off a few days see, if I can find out about a code
Original Poster
sandy007

I would wait until the consumer version is released if i was you unless … I would wait until the consumer version is released if i was you unless you're a dev.

not interesting in waiting and aint a dev. there is enough material and compatible games out there to get an understanding of what its all about. then when ever the consumer version is released, I will buy that if there is enough of an upgrade to justify it
Deedie

not interesting in waiting and aint a dev. there is enough material and … not interesting in waiting and aint a dev. there is enough material and compatible games out there to get an understanding of what its all about. then when ever the consumer version is released, I will buy that if there is enough of an upgrade to justify it

Just pay full whack or buy it second hand off ebay.
Original Poster
unquestioned

Just pay full whack or buy it second hand off ebay.

3yrs you have been on this site. you should know paying full whack is not any of our natures. that's the whole point of the site. lol
Deedie

3yrs you have been on this site. you should know paying full whack is not … 3yrs you have been on this site. you should know paying full whack is not any of our natures. that's the whole point of the site. lol

You didn't know? It's for posting terrible jokes and unfunny .gifs

Back on point, how is the latency with the latest Oculus?
Deedie

I tried searching on google about it with no luck. so im going to hang … I tried searching on google about it with no luck. so im going to hang off a few days see, if I can find out about a code

That's not a specific discount code field just for the oculus rift, it's just a generic discount code field that every website has, doesn't necessarily mean there is a code for some discount on the oculus.
Original Poster
Legend101

That's not a specific discount code field just for the oculus rift, it's … That's not a specific discount code field just for the oculus rift, it's just a generic discount code field that every website has, doesn't necessarily mean there is a code for some discount on the oculus.

that did cross my mind. thanks for letting me know.

but im going to hold off for a while, as there is expected to be announcements at ces in early January about the consumer version or the new development kit 2
I heard consumer version before end of next year. also I emailed some people on eBay with dev version... not much works with it for now which is why there are so many for sale on there
Yeah the dev kit sucks. Lots of motion blur and very blurry because of the low res screen.

The HD prototype I tried is much better. Either wait for the 1080p DK2 or the consumer version. They recently get quite a large amount of funding so they may be focusing on the consumer version. They did specify though that they want to wait until there's a lot of software available for the rift.

In layman terms, don't buy it as it's going to be a waste of money. It's not going to be long before the consumer version or DK2.
The only game I've seen with native support is Assetto corsa. That said though I dont know how well it supports this. I know AMD Crossfire isn't supported very well yet so something like Oculus Rift I imagine would be not the greatest. It's good to see the support is coming though
Deedie

that did cross my mind. thanks for letting me know. but im going to hold … that did cross my mind. thanks for letting me know. but im going to hold off for a while, as there is expected to be announcements at ces in early January about the consumer version or the new development kit 2

No worries brah

Looks sick though, looking forward to the next version as better quality etc
Still haven't found out what it is I tried buying one earlier
the promo codes were offered to kickstarters only
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions