Oculus VR

Posted 2nd Nov
Can any gaming experts on here help.I was looking at buying someone an Oculus VR headset as a gift but baffled by the technology involved.
I was looking at the Oculus Quest 128GB
Does anyone know if the ones that need a gaming PC play better or are the both the same ie graphics and the like?
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Hi! I’m far from an expert, but I do know that the Oculus Quest is made to be a stand-alone system. It doesn’t wire into anything else. One of the things that has kept me from VR is the cost of the PC that would be needed to drive the headset, the Quest doesn’t need that PC. It’s entirely self contained. Because of it’s lack of space, there hasn’t been room to pack in a £1000 PC worth of tech into it, but a lot of reviews have said that it’s certainly good enough and that it could be the killer device for VR. The iPod of VR, if you will.
One final note, if your intended recipient does indeed have that beefy PC that could drive top-drawer VR, there is a kit coming out which will let them connect the Quest to that PC and have the PC do the heavy lifting. I’ll try to find some videos which explain a bit better...
This seems to be a pretty good explainer:
pedd03/11/2019 08:20

Hi! I’m far from an expert, but I do know that the Oculus Quest is made to …Hi! I’m far from an expert, but I do know that the Oculus Quest is made to be a stand-alone system. It doesn’t wire into anything else. One of the things that has kept me from VR is the cost of the PC that would be needed to drive the headset, the Quest doesn’t need that PC. It’s entirely self contained. Because of it’s lack of space, there hasn’t been room to pack in a £1000 PC worth of tech into it, but a lot of reviews have said that it’s certainly good enough and that it could be the killer device for VR. The iPod of VR, if you will.One final note, if your intended recipient does indeed have that beefy PC that could drive top-drawer VR, there is a kit coming out which will let them connect the Quest to that PC and have the PC do the heavy lifting. I’ll try to find some videos which explain a bit better...

Thanks for that it was exactly what i wanted to know.The cable/kit that is coming out also makes it a no brainier for me.The gaming pc is next on the list so he will have the best of both worlds.
Thanks again.
christopher_deighan03/11/2019 11:41

Thanks for that it was exactly what i wanted to know.The cable/kit that is …Thanks for that it was exactly what i wanted to know.The cable/kit that is coming out also makes it a no brainier for me.The gaming pc is next on the list so he will have the best of both worlds.Thanks again.

You’re very welcome! I’m jealous now!
There is a new cable coming for Quest which makes it better than S
Norseg03/11/2019 16:49

There is a new cable coming for Quest which makes it better than S

What’s this? Got a quest today
marshy5103/11/2019 17:11

What’s this? Got a quest today

Oculus Link it's pricey RRP but allows make it so you can use it on PC so if you have a Gaming PC and You want Portability youre getting the best of both worlds, people are saying they regret getting a S now because the link just makes it so you can get the benefits of the S and PC Gaming

I would get it if I didn't already have a CV1 but I would love to finish playing Beatsaber on my PC than detach from my PC walk into my bathroom and Beat my saber

Even the RRP makes it worth it but of course we're on HotUKDeals so we will wait till it drops by 20%
Edited by: "Norseg" 3rd Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants