Groups

odd entry oncredit card statement

I've just checked my credit card statement online. Does anyone know what
    "FOREIGN EXCHANGE FEE" might be? Its for £4.59. This is 6 days after the last time I used it.
    I've emailed them but can't wait till they get round to answering. hope someone knows.
    Cheers

19 Comments

Shot in the dark here, but could it be a foreign exchange fee ?

did you buy anything in a foreign currency?

ChrisUK;5731781

Shot in the dark here, but could it be a foreign exchange fee ?

lol. could it be that you've ordered something online from a different country and been charged a currency exchange sort of fee?:thinking:

Original Poster

the last place I ordered from was pixmania.co.uk . Does anyone know if they add this sort of charge? Never ordered from them before!

boothy;5731796

did you buy anything in a foreign currency?

is it not commision on an exchange

Original Poster

As far as I'm aware I paid in uk £'s

Original Poster

exchange of what and where?

jaqridge;5731855

the last place I ordered from was pixmania.co.uk . Does anyone know if … the last place I ordered from was pixmania.co.uk . Does anyone know if they add this sort of charge? Never ordered from them before!

All the orders I've placed with Pixmania have shown on my credit cards as UK transactions.

jaqridge;5731886

exchange of what and where?

From ordering from a foreign site, in Euros / Dollars etc. It's your credit card's charge for paying in a foreign currency.

Original Poster

Guess I'll have to wait to see what the credit card company say first. Thanks folks tho!

could be that you card has been cloned and they have used it for a test purchase. just a thought, dont panic!

Isnt Pixmania French ?

ChrisUK;5732304

Isnt Pixmania French ?

I thought that it was, even though it is part of the Dixons / Currys / PC World outfit.

Original Poster

It was delivered within the UK and the charge was taken 6 days after payment for the goods

jaqridge;5735173

It was delivered within the UK and the charge was taken 6 days after … It was delivered within the UK and the charge was taken 6 days after payment for the goods

Have you called them? They should be able to tell you which transaction it realates to.

Banned

jaqridge;5731855

the last place I ordered from was pixmania.co.uk . Does anyone know if … the last place I ordered from was pixmania.co.uk . Does anyone know if they add this sort of charge? Never ordered from them before!

jaqridge;5731881

As far as I'm aware I paid in uk £'s

Nope Euro's, they are a french company, thats probably where it comes from. Pixmania are useless, and will sell their own grannies if it made them some cash

Banned

jaqridge;5735173

It was delivered within the UK and the charge was taken 6 days after … It was delivered within the UK and the charge was taken 6 days after payment for the goods

Yeah the fee is from your credit card company. They will have paid pixmania in euro's and converted it to sterling for your credit card bill, then charged you a fee for the privalege :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks guys, I will get onto the credit card company and if thats what they've done then I'll cut the [email protected]@dy thing up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value48
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914467

See more discussions