Found 14th Aug 2010
im getting a bad feeling about this one, it look all safe and legit, but my order was supposedly shipped out on monday 09/08/10 and i've still not recieved it, further to this no reply to email and phone number given on website doesnt work.

ODDSANDPODS IS A SCAM...

CONTACT ALL OF THESE BELOW - TELL THEM EVERYTHING

Companies Investigation Branch
Ground Floor
21 Bloomsbury Street
London
WC1B 3QW

insolvency.gov.uk/cib…htm

[email protected]sagepay.com (Handle Oddsandpods payments)
[email protected]portsmouthcc.gov.uk (Trading Standards Portsmouth)
[email protected]companies-house.gov.uk (Companies House)
[email protected]portsmouthcc.gov.uk (place where their company is registerd)

Websites to complain to
hmcourts-service.gsi.gov.uk (Small claims online)
consumerdirect.gov.uk/
crimestoppers-uk.org/
bbc.co.uk/wat…dog (Watchdog)
wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk (Companies House)
- vlj

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
484 Comments

theinternet.co.uk/mod…php - damn labels

edit: Only got this via a search not personal experience with this vendor, so can't say for 100% if dodgy, hopefully not!
Edited by: "stephen4X" 14th Aug 2010

Original Poster

thanks Stephen, wonder if my bank will get my money back.

Who is info:

DDomain name:
oddsandpods.co.uk

Registrant:
Odds Pods

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
PO Box 900,
Portsmouth
Hampshire
PO6 9DF
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: 123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 08-Jun-2009
Renewal date: 08-Jun-2011
Last updated: 15-Jul-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

and also trading under another name it seems, datakits.co.uk/sto…uf2

Few reviews on them, mostly late delivery/fake/shoddy goods etc and a lot of fake looking awesome reviews!

Registered under a fake name and to a PO Box - doesn't look good does it?

Why do people always ask "is this website a scam...?" after they've made a purchase? Better hope you paid by Visa or Mastercard!

Original Poster

I normally ask in advance but last time I was told by a member if a company has a uk address and a phone number, clean google search then it most likely is legit

Let us know the outcome if you don't mind. i.e if the stuff actually turns up or not. Maybe they'll surprise us all

hi, i live in istanbul, i think i have a situation with oddsandpods.co.uk, too.

two weeks ago, i successfuly ordered and paid for a battery to be sent to my address. it hasnt arrived. i sent several messages over their online forms, non replied. nothing.

their phone number (08443303823) signals like out of service all the time.

what do i do now?

if that 844 number is a routing number, is there any way to find out the original number? is there any institution in the UK for me to apply for a complaint? thank you.

i was going to buy the product from datakits.co.uk, but it was somewhat cheeper in the oddsandots.co.uk. and yes, their order forms and some other site elements are identical i think.

on the datakits.co.uk there was a misinformation about the product, i sent them a message about it, and a few days later they corrected it, but did still not answer my mail that included my questions about a possible order.

the two sites are related in their many attitudes, it seems.

Original Poster

I lost all hope but surprising it turned out this morning, I didn't expect this at all and even had got my bank to raise a dispute.

that's good, of course, but does not make one really satisfied.

i hope the same for my product, but even if so, they have been lying about their communication channels (forms, emails, telephone). five or six question messages and complaints, many telephone calling and zilch! not a single answer. as if they don't exist anymore. such high trustfulness!

Original Poster

i know its disgusting attitude of the business, never going to use them again! it took them over a week to deliver.

hello I am Matt and I work for oddsandpods.co.uk. have been made aware of this thread today. We have had an issue with our phone line over the past week but we are working to get this resolved. We are here to answer any enquire via email if you have one.

We are not a bad company and process a lot of orders every day and send all out on time as explained in the dispatch emails. If you have ever faced a problem please email us and we will resolve it straight away.

We are also our own company in our own right . We are not datakits as someone has suggested. We area reliable company with thousands of happy customers and always try to offer the best service we can and the lowest prices.

again please just email me directly if you have any concerns wit your order.

Thank you

Original Poster

Funny that you say that your not datakits, but do you admit that your the same company as floggadgets.co.uk and gadgetbuyers.co.uk as you all share the same address, same website but just a different business name?

whereas datakits website is alot similar to your especially when you go to shipping, contact us, returns, faq pages. where as they address is tad different Data Kits

PO Box 849
Portsmouth
PO6 9BR
UK

compared to yours

PO Box 900,
Portsmouth
Hampshire
PO6 9DF

is that just a lot of coincidences? or is a closer look required?

now datakits.co.uk itself used to be business another front for walcointernational.co.uk (even sharing the same logos). now as datakits and walco both used to be owned by a certain Mike Reeder. Now lets see the results of whois lookup for one of your websites that has the same website and same address as you:

Domain name: gadgetbuyers.co.uk
Registrant: Mike Reeder
Registrant type: UK Individual
Registrant's address: PO Box 900, Portsmouth, Hants, PO6 9DF, UK
Registrar: Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: 123-reg.co.uk
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 20-Feb-2010,
Renewal date: 20-Feb-2012,
Last updated: 11-Mar-2010,
Registration status: Registered until renewal date.
Name servers:
ns.gadgetbuyers.co.uk 87.106.131.231
ns1.gadgetbuyers.co.uk 87.106.128.70

surprise surprise registrant is Mike Reeder. Now that surely means your all just the same. What do you have to say now Matt?

oh, my god, at last i heard from someone of oddsandpods.co.uk!

hello Matt!

ok for phone, then, but what about several emails and online-form messages i submitted that you have not taken the care to answer? two of them were "complaint-forms" complaining that you have not responded my questions, and you have not! not a single answer for god's sake! do you care for this customer?

it's been over two weeks and i still havent got my product! or an explanation!

my first mail to you was a question on whether i can have a cargo-tracking number of your sent product! as usual, no answer! i felt a torture! why do you do this?

my order number is 5727!

on 21st of August, I contacted Matt and "then on 23rd", he answered by mail and said they couldnt track the situation of my over-two-weeks-old order "since it was a small item." and they said they re-sent it and asked me to inform them should two batteries arrive. I said "ok", and asked them three things

1-can you please give me a cargo-track number or something?
2-if cargo company come and couldnt find me, wont they give me a notice saying "we couldnt find you, come and get your product?
3-doest a cargo company inform your company about whether they successfuly delivered something or not? (for their first unsuccessful cargo transaction).

I still wait for explanation. I will inform you people about any answer that will or will not come. and if I get no product and no explanation, I am going to feedback negatively about this company whereever I can. but if they satisfy my natural expectancies as a customer, I will just thank them!

Hello we are a Distribution company in Portsmouth and Run teh oddsandpods.co.uk site as our main site with the other 2 gadgets sites as a small add one for some items we sell.

We are a reliable company and send out over 1000 orders a week. We try our hardest to ensure all items arrive on time but sometimes items can go missing. This leads to negative threads like this and I apologise if we have taken too long to resolve any issue. We are here to help. If you email us we will resolve any issue you have. We play fair and our reputation is very important to us. It just seems that on places like this only negative reviews get placed. of all our happy and repeat customners very few go out and write about us. I know that we are expected to offer a good service and that is what we offer.

Ghulam35 - I am sorry that your order too a week to arrive. as your phone was a new model the case was delayed unfortunately by 3 days. We sent this order as soon as we could and ensured you had the 1st of the UK delivered stock. We did get to you in the week but I apologise that it took longer than usual to arrive with you.

additor - your battery was sent to Turkey and this should have arrived within a week. We have now resent it to you so it should arrive soon. I have emailed you to advise you this also.

I hope you can see we do address any issues and will work to resolve them for our customers

Thank you

Matt

before i post here, i hadn't get "ANY" answer to my many phone calls, messages and complaints during almost two weeks of my order. this was a kind of "torture" to me.

I do believe that many of your customers got what they wanted and I feel happy for them. for you, too. but none-answering for many days (neither by mail, or by message forms or telephone) is a "misconduct" to say the least. you must be happy that you get these complaints now, so that you may be able to "enhance" your services.

if I get my product towards on this third week of my order, or a satisfactory explanation about why I don't get it, I will just thank you!

Matt,

It might well be the case that you have hundreds or thousands of happy customers. I can't dispute that. But it really shouldn't be surprising to you that "negative" threads like this appear when you treat your customers the way you do.

It's fair enough that you are not in control of the postal services, so you can't guarantee that packages will arrive on time and not be delayed. This is an issue with the delivery companies. But one of the things which has clearly frustrated and angered people is your lack of communication.

If deliveries were delayed but your communication was excellent, then people would be much more willing to give you a chance, more inclined to understand the situation, and to be patient. You'd also find that you wouldn't get threads like these.

Obviously running a business where you sell hundreds of products a week isn't easy - many many orders, multiple addresses, combination orders etc - lots to keep track of, lots of margin for error. We are all only human, and humans make errors from time to time. This is to be expected. But if you're busy with all the orders and don't have much time to keep track of emails and phone calls, then you need to employ someone to take care of that for you. Otherwise you're gonna continue to get threads like these, you're gonna continue to lose customers, you're gonna get even more bad publicity if any of your angered customers have blogs, or work for the press. Employing someone for an hour or two a day, to answer the phone and answer emails will not cost you much. In fact, it will probably save you money by saving your customers and your reputation.

And the reason that I'm here on this website right now? - Because I'm one of your angry customers too. This is my experience so far, and I'm sure you'll remember me...

1.I ordered a pair of headphones from you (gadgetbuyers.co.uk), but unfortunately you sent me the wrong ones.
- This, in itself, is not a "criminal" mistake for a company to make. But I would expect a company to rectify it.
2.So I contacted you regarding a refund, you offered me some compensation to keep the headphones.
- This is actually a very generous and sensible thing to offer as it minimises hassle for everyone. This is also something that very few retailers will offer. Unfortunately, the headphones you sent were no good to me, even with the generous offer of compensation, so I had to refuse and ask for a refund.
3.You sent me a pre-paid postal stamp
- This is fantastic as it allows me to return the item to you at no charge to me (which is how it should be, as I'm returning the item at no fault of my own).
4.I returned the item to you using the pre-paid postal stamp
5.I never heard from you again.
- You have provided me with excellent customer service up to this point. I really don't understand why you stopped.
6.I have emailed you 5 times since, and I have emailed you a 6th time via the email form on your website.
7.It has now been over a month since I returned the item to you and I have not received a refund.
8.Now I have no headphones and I have no refund. At this point you have effectively STOLEN £17.99 from me.

Let me be very clear about something - I've been very amicable, and very patient so far. In general, I'm a very tolerant and very patient person. But I'm not the kind of person to let something like this go if that's what you're thinking. I'm not the kind of person who lies down and goes "Oh well, someone's just stolen some money from me. I'll just forget about it and move on". I am a tenacious ************ when I am wronged and I will not back down until I have my money back or until I have wronged the other person to my satisfaction.

I know various people who work in the press, and I know various people who work in web development, and I myself know a significant amount about search engine optimisation. If you push me far enough, I can convince friends to write newspaper articles about bogus companies (naming your companies and web addresses in the process), I can start a hate site about all your companies and use whois searches to list every single internet company you've ever had and every internet company you currently have and to list every detail about those companies. I'll include comments and forums so people like Additor and Ghulam35 can voice their experiences, and I'll make damn sure that my hate site appears high in the Google rankings so that when someone searches for "gadgetbuyers", or "www.floggadgets.co.uk", or "oddsandpods", my site comes top of the list, or very high up.

I also know someone who once got ripped off by someone on the internet who thought they could get away with it. They contacted the police. As you'd expect, the police were reluctant to get involved because it was an internet affair, but as it was theft (and believe me, this IS theft that we're dealing with here until I get a refund from you) they had to take up the issue. He got his money back in the end.

The bottom line is I COULD be the most expensive customer you've ever wronged, or you could just give me a refund of £17.99 like you should've done a month ago. I don't want your excuses, and I don't want an apology, I just want my money back. You know who I am, 'cause I've emailed you over 6 times in total. If you need it repeated, my order number is 473.

I await your reply.
Edited by moderator: "Do not bypass swear filter" 26th Aug 2010

Hey Matt,

I placed an order with gadgetbuyers.co.uk recently, order number 971, any chance of an update please?

Cheers.

I ordered a gorillapod slr zoom almost 2 weeks ago through gadget buyers and they took payment immediately. Since then I recieved nothing, no product, no response to my emails, no automated email with delivery or tracking info, none of the things we've come to expect from online retailers such as amazon or ebay.
Matt if you read this my order number is 1003 and you should consider alternative employment because you guys really suck at this.

neilmagnumgraham - i see we have already emailed you today also. the parcel was sent recorded post and is sat with royal mail. I will email you the parcel number also so you can see. i am unsure if they left you a missed parcel card or not. I have asked them to attempt delivery again tomorrow. please let me know if it hasn't arrived then.

teb100 - I checked this and have emailed you. Parcel force show that is was out for delivery to you. It seems it was signed for all ok. can you reply to my email if you havent had it or it isnt with your neighbour

Thanks

Elektriksheep - yes I am sorry we have had your item back now. we are refunding you now in full. I hope you can update these comments to show that we have dealt with your request.

Thanks

at last, a product arrived but now another problem; it is not the exact product that i had ordered. i ordered and paid for a "1500 mah" battery, but the product arriving is a "1000 mah". i am so disappointed!

on the envelope, there was a mention of two different cities in the address section. in the ordering phase in the website, i had left empty the "state" input part since there are no states in Turkey, and the form tool seems to have automatically input the first selection in the alphabetical list (which are not states but cities, again), although i had already filled a specific city input area before that one. so there have appeared two different cities for the address, which i didnt notice later. but the detailed address and the postcode is specific and belong to the "right one/city". I accept this as an error on my part nonetheless and apologize. but if their first alleged cargo went to some wrong place, why didnt the second one? why dont they use trackable cargo transactions? and the worse part, they have sent me a wrong product!!! I am very, very disappointed...

I think oddsandpods.co.uk should

1-spare no expense and recruit at least one new worker to appropriately answer the questions by potantial and actual customers

2-immediately repair their "temporarily out-of-order" telephone line

3-be much more careful about whether they are sending exactly the correct product(s)

4-follow and finish their past incomplete transactions that occur between them and their customers

5-review and enhance their address form input areas for redundant/improper input areas like "state" input for countries in which there are no "states".
Edited by: "additor" 27th Aug 2010

another day and royal mail have once again failed to deliver my parcel! I think gadget buyers should use a more reputable company to make their deliveries or maybe they should help royal mail by giving them the parcel to begin with and stop lying to their customers!

Do not buy buy from OddsAndPods!!!

I purchased a pair of Sennheiser CX500 earphones. When I received them the sound they produced was terrible compared to another pair I had and even the materials the earphones were made of did not match the other authentic pair, which led me to believe they were fake. I should have known by the price.

I then complained via their website and after almost 2 weeks I received an email from someone called Mike apologising for the quality of the product and explaining that they had issues with their supplier. He offered to send me another pair of earphones Sennheiser CX400ii or get a refund. Stupid me, I took the offer of the new earphones! This was almost a month ago and still have not received my new earphones.

In this time I have emailed OddsAndPods twice, both times asking them to refund my money and not send the earphones and as you can guess, I still have not received my refund!

This site has been good as it has returned a bit more information that I plan to send to the ICC and BASCAP regarding the selling of fake products by OddsAndPods

oddsandpods

Elektriksheep - yes I am sorry we have had your item back now. we are … Elektriksheep - yes I am sorry we have had your item back now. we are refunding you now in full. I hope you can update these comments to show that we have dealt with your request.Thanks

I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED A REFUND FROM YOU. I PAID YOU £17.99 VIA MY CREDIT CARD ON 26TH JUNE 2010. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A PAYMENT FROM ANYONE FOR THE AMOUNT OF £17.99 SINCE THAT DATE.

I WILL CONTINUE TO POST HERE REGULARLY UNTIL I GET MY MONEY BACK.

If I get my money back, I will post back here to let people know. But at this point in time: I HAVEN'T HAD A REPLY TO MY EMAILS TO GADGETBUYERS.CO.UK SINCE 16TH JULY AND I HAVEN'T HAD A REFUND.

STILL WAITING...

At least they had the decency to reply, sounds like they are indeed understaffed.

Banned

amazing how new members are signing up to defend these

Banned

very strange how many posts have been deleted from this thread but the very obvious self promo ones are still here

Isn't it also strange that the OP was asking about a PSP, then a 'happy customer' popped up saying how happy he was with his.
Then somone complains about headphones and another 'happy customer' appears who just happens to be happy with his headphones.

Ive reported the post and asked a mod to say why they deleted your post yet allowing a promo post for a dodgy company to stay, whats the betting they don't answer

STILL WAITING - STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND.

hi

i have been waiting for my order too ..been waiting near 2 weeks and nothing...

my order number is 7249 a pair of Sony MDR-XB40EX X-Bass Vertical In Ear Silicone Headphones..it also says on your website that you always send recorded delivery..

i must admit though that you have indeed been answering my emails everytime i have contacted you and im happy with the communication..

but you still persist in saying you will re-send when i have asked for a refund ..

please refund ...and i will comment on here that you have or not refunded me my £19.99 + £2.95.

killswitch ref 7249 - I am sorry that the headphones we sent on the 2nd have not arrived before you went away. I assure you we sent them and I see my college has been in regular email contact with you. We offered to resend these as it has been 10 days since it was collected by royal mail. you have chosen a refund instead which is fine with us.

Please can yuo erply to my colleges email and fill in the missing parcel form and we will refund you in full. I am sorry the item never arrived. as it was sent with 1st class post we are unable to trace it. We are a reliable company and send over 1000 items out a week. I am sorry yours hasn't arrived as yet but it may still do. If it does please email us as we have asked and we will email you a prepaid returns label to return the item we have refunded you for already

Thanks

Matt

neilmagnumgraham - has your order arrived ok now please? can you email me or update

Elektriksheep - we emailed you on the 26th August after trying to refund you and again yesterday. I am unsure if you are not receiving our emails so I have called you and left a message on your phone this afternoon.

The refund was rejected on our system as it seems the start and expiry date are now different on your card to the one you paid with. it looks liek you have been issued a new card from your bank. can you email me or reply to my call so we can refund you in full as promised for the item you returned.

Banned

oddsandpods

neilmagnumgraham - has your order arrived ok now please? can you email me … neilmagnumgraham - has your order arrived ok now please? can you email me or update

why are your staff posting pretending to be customers?

nlevitan - am sorry for any delay. I have emailed you today to explain. we have sent a new set of CX400-ii that were from Sennheiser direct and are original yes. You can return the 1st set if they are faulty in the enclosed prepaid return envelope. These are originals and once a new set arrives and you test you will be happy I am sure. We buy these from the official Sennheier distributor so know they are originals. Please post here once they arrive so people know you are happy with the replacement set and that they are originals as we assured you

Thank you

oddsandpods

killswitch ref 7249 - I am sorry that the headphones we sent on the 2nd … killswitch ref 7249 - I am sorry that the headphones we sent on the 2nd have not arrived before you went away. I assure you we sent them and I see my college has been in regular email contact with you. We offered to resend these as it has been 10 days since it was collected by royal mail. you have chosen a refund instead which is fine with us. Please can yuo erply to my colleges email and fill in the missing parcel form and we will refund you in full. I am sorry the item never arrived. as it was sent with 1st class post we are unable to trace it. We are a reliable company and send over 1000 items out a week. I am sorry yours hasn't arrived as yet but it may still do. If it does please email us as we have asked and we will email you a prepaid returns label to return the item we have refunded you for alreadyThanksMatt

Your spelling seems to be as accurate as your deliveries.......... nearly ordered something from here before so glad i decided against it
Edited by: "Marty1981" 14th Sep 2010

Banned

surpisingly my question was ignored, hopefully plenty will see this and save them losing money
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75865
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…99
    4. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88

See more discussions