Odeon cinema cancels reduced prices on Bargain Monday

Found 2nd Oct 2015
Odeon cinemas recently sent me an email containing the following:

We wanted to let you know that we will be endingBargain Monday for the remainder of the year, with the last showing on Monday 5th October 2015.

This year, we’ve seen a big increase in the number of guests enjoying our flexible promotions. As you can already enjoy 2 for 1 discounts with the popular Comparethemarket promotion on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and regular Groupon style promotions, we’ve decided to end Bargain Mondays and focus instead on offering you more flexibility with promotions which can be used on any day of the week. Check out ODEON's latest promotions and offers.

Just to point out that there are no current deals available that reduce the price of admission and that Orange Wednesdays were also cancelled earlier in the year. Additionally, they have also introduced an additional charge for the first few weeks of a films run on top of standard ticket prices (£2 at my local cinema) and during this period restricted the use of discount vouchers.
Community Updates
I stopped using Odeon ages ago, the prices are a joke. I found a couple of good independent cinemas near me, best thing I ever did. Not only is it cheaper but I find there are a lot less plebs... you know, the ones who make phone calls, throw popcorn, talk throughout the whole thing, take their teething babies, bag rustlers, hold their mobiles in the air at 100% brightness, fart, kick chairs.
The odeon in hull charges £5 for 99%of all films,but it's a horrible outdated cinema
The odeon near me is great, the prices are £5 for the majority of tickets, and a peak adult ticket is £7, the screens are all up to date too. I'd still much rather go to vue, but then their prices are over twice as much most of the time.
Original Poster
You are lucky. Here in Southampton I recently spent £50 on 2 adults & 2 children to watch an afternoon showing of Inside Out. Admittedly I did buy the kids a snack pack each at £3.95. I paid over £20 for a single Adult 3D ticket to Age of Ultron
Thanks for this - very useful to know. Disappointing news as I'm a regular cinema-goer at my local Odeon. I just checked the website to confirm if what you said is true but it's not yet showing listings for Monday 12th October. Looks like it's gonna have to be the meerkat thing from now on.
I too also compared cinema tickets... I find Odeon cheaper than Cinaworld.

'Groupon style promotions' <---- I never seen any offer on this.

Wonder what other offer is yet to bring?
The Odeon in Leicester is shocking. Never seen such a run down and awful cinema.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants