Groups

Ofcom is looking for anyone who has had a shockingly large bill for their mobile, landline or broadband in the last 12 months

Ofcom is looking for anyone who has had a shockingly large bill for their mobile, landline or broadband in the last 12 months

Please tell your friends and family about this, would be nice if any action is taken to protect consumers against these kind of things.

Full Story:

"Bills aren’t pleasant at the best of times, but when you open them to discover a figure that looks more like a national deficit than a mobile phone statement, that’s when they’re at their most distressing.

So-called bill shock can happen when you’ve exceeded your mobile allowance without realising it, been tricked into some kind of premium rate scam, or have been abroad and thought it was a good idea to stream the entire set of Star Wars movies while lounging by the pool (a bad idea anyway, and not just because of the resultant bill).

Ofcom is asking anyone who has received a shockingly high bill for their mobile, landline or broadband connection over the past year to get in touch with them.

The organisation wants to build up a library of cases so it can consider whether further action should be taken to prod communication providers into ensuring these sort of incidents don’t happen.

The deadline for responses is June 14th, and you can get in touch with your story here.

Previous research conducted by Ofcom shows that 6% of UK consumers received an unexpectedly high bill in the past twelve months, and one in five of those were landed with a demand in excess of £100."

To contact ofcom
    Email: [email protected]
    Or: stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/con…ls/

8 Comments

we all tight here.

Original Poster

Joey Bloggsy

we all tight here.

Please tell your friends and family about this, would be nice if any action is taken to protect consumers against these kind of things.

nope. they be all tight like me.

but thx for info

where do I go?

Original Poster

Mrs.Z

where do I go?

ahah true, I shall look now

Edited: Updated my original post to include url.
    Edited by: "shadowdogg" 13th May 2011

I know a few people who hit £200-£300 above there bill but thats due to international calls.

Original Poster

MarzBarz

I know a few people who hit £200-£300 above there bill but thats due to i … I know a few people who hit £200-£300 above there bill but thats due to international calls.

That's what they want. Tell them to give their info.

most I did once accidentally was £55 on using the net on the mobile, but my home phone pff thats another story.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions