off peak electricity tariffs and/or Heat pump electricity tariffs

Posted 19th Aug 2020
I will be getting an Air to Water heat pump replacing my gas boiler for heating and hot water.

I was wondering whether there are still tariffs out there that charge different price for off peak electricity?

Additionally in some countries in Europe you can get special electricity rate for use with the Heat Pump, does something like that exist in the UK or is planned for the UK in fore-sable future to drive these "green" technologies forward and make them more attractive?
Community Updates
4 Comments
Octopus Agile.
Old name was generally economy 7 used for the old storage heaters to be charged up overnight

Bulb also does it but generally need a specific meter for it I think.

Although some of the new tariffs on the smart meters can have fluid pricing for all through the day
a666andy19/08/2020 13:41

Old name was generally economy 7 used for the old storage heaters to be …Old name was generally economy 7 used for the old storage heaters to be charged up overnight Bulb also does it but generally need a specific meter for it I think.Although some of the new tariffs on the smart meters can have fluid pricing for all through the day

Thanks I have a new smart meter, so should be able to have half hour fluid tariffs, my understanding is bulb's smart tariff only has 2 prices fixed in a day...so Octopus Agile definitely wins between these two.
Post a comment
@
    Text