Off to Belle Vue. Tips?

Found 28th Jun 2012
I'm off to the dogs at Belle Vue tomorrow. I don't have the foggiest idea when it comes to betting on the dogs. Anyone have any hints/tips?
Community Updates
MiscVue
28 Comments
They are smaller than horses.
Banned
woofsniff
simonturner69

They are smaller than horses.

http://coltmonday.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/that-is-a-very-large-dog.jpghttp://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/5/20/10/enhanced-buzz-435-1305902038-6.jpg
Banned
Dont eat the burgers

Won a grand and half last time i went
Pick the meanest looking one.
fanpages

All fur & no bark X)
churchill

Dont eat the burgersWon a grand and half last time i went

What kind of stupid competition was that?

I want in.
Banned
simonturner69

What kind of stupid competition was that?I want in.

Its the name of a Dog
Banned
dga

Are you doing the whole shebang by dining too?

I enjoyed eating there to it was a really good night
Forecast/tricast reverse way to go at the dogs. Thats how I've always done it anyway. I tend to stick to the tote but you're meant to get better value from the men with the boards.
Is there any open races on? I used to race and breed greyhounds.

Always a good laugh at the dogs.
dga

Front row seats, served at the table for bets and beer...can't go wrong!

All your bets could flop?
Banned
dga

Front row seats, served at the table for bets and beer...can't go wrong!

Yeah pretty awesome wasnt dear either dont think
Its all abit of a game, the previous form in the program is pretty much pointless
Its more or less pot luck, Just have a laugh and keep your bets small.
Original Poster
Going in two couples. Not doing the eating thing, just the drinking and betting business. Looking forward to it though!

Hissymiss - That literally means nothing to me!
Banned
dga

I don't bet beyond my limits, got to be in it to lose it all.My fun was … I don't bet beyond my limits, got to be in it to lose it all.My fun was taking the bets for the entire table and covering the dogs not bet on, that way someone on the table always won. T'was only a bit of fun for my brothers stag do.

We picked the winners of each race had to share winnings with another table but won £1500
Banned
Mikethemanc

Going in two couples. Not doing the eating thing, just the drinking and … Going in two couples. Not doing the eating thing, just the drinking and betting business. Looking forward to it though!Hissymiss - That literally means nothing to me!

do the eating well worth it not having to move to eat, drink or bet
Best tip i ever got was 'don't get off a bus while its moving' It's served me well over the years as i have not sustained a moving bus injury since.
Edited by: "YA7" 28th Jun 2012
Been a couple of times, pretty crap really the hare won every race........

Best tip ive got is get into the city centre as soon as you can.
Place your bets on red as you have a 50 50 chance of winning X)
i have a biased view because of my 1 experience of actually going to the dogs, but i would say bet on trap 1 nearly all of the time.

the dog in trap 1 won like 70% of the races when i went, if you think about it it actually has the least distance to travel aswell as it starts on the inside, even though the acceleration of things means thats negated in about a second...
Mikethemanc

Going in two couples. Not doing the eating thing, just the drinking and … Going in two couples. Not doing the eating thing, just the drinking and betting business. Looking forward to it though!Hissymiss - That literally means nothing to me!

Ah, sorry. A forecast is when you pick the dogs that you think will come first and second in a particular order. Ask for it reversed is to come in any order. Same with tricast only thats 3 dogs.

I've not been to the dogs for a few years but it used to be that all the betting offices were tote which means it's pool betting.

You tend to see a line of guys with boards like this
[img]encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6yqRsPuoXis9NeRTAaNnSFYpaFDnm_Ryv3Y_w4KzFzGD3o_O4[/img]

or this

[img]encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-WulMCwoLpaeQ15AUF_mvTilnQuEIjJ7CNROaazefc1WjyBuGXQ[/img]

who tend to offer better odds.

Mod & Ed
don't fall for a sob story & come home with one like my son did last time he went with his gf, arrived on my doorstep with a fully grown huge greyhound tied to his wheelchair late one night, he is a sweetie though & apart from being sexually attracted to motorbikes & park benches, chewing anything soft he can get his paws on, chasing cats, birds & rabbits, insisting on sharing the bed @ night, wanting sardines daily & barking at men with beards, he's an absolute gem
wishihadadonkey

don't fall for a sob story & come home with one like my son did last time … don't fall for a sob story & come home with one like my son did last time he went with his gf, arrived on my doorstep with a fully grown huge greyhound tied to his wheelchair late one night, he is a sweetie though & apart from being sexually attracted to motorbikes & park benches, chewing anything soft he can get his paws on, chasing cats, birds & rabbits, insisting on sharing the bed @ night, wanting sardines daily & barking at men with beards, he's an absolute gem

Yeah but what about the dog WIHAD? What's he like? X)
Mod & Ed
kaks26

Yeah but what about the dog WIHAD? What's he like? X)

worse
Yes they usually are X)

Have a great time Mike - haven't been to "the dugs" for years. My dad used to take us as kids and we loved it. We had no clue about them and used to just pick name or number - I'd advise you just to do the same
Original Poster
That's the method I'm going for Kaks, or the ones that poo before they run x
I won £500 there last year... weirdly it was on the william hill £1 touch screen bandits instead haha.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants